Chapter 10

3rd person's POV

On-jo worriedly looked at the girl beside her before looking at every one else in the room. Hye-ji's back is facing them so they didn't know about the tear. But when they saw the worried look from On-jo, they already got the idea.

Su-hyeok and Cheong-san decided to go after the student council president. "We'll bring him back Ji-ji." Su-hyeok whispered to her before going out, Cheong-san following him after patting the female Hwang's shoulder. "We'll be back, Ji-ji."

Wu-jin then approached the girl and hugged her tight. "Hyun-jin is strong, we all know that. You will see him again. I feel it." Wu-jin said, copying what Hye-ji told her when they first saw each other after the zombie apocalypse started. This made Hye-ji smile.

"You have no sense of originality. I hope you know that." She teased him.

"Be careful Cheong-san." They heard Su-hyeok say, making the female Hwang smile. "I feel bad for my brother. He will be third wheeling." She sighed earning some laughs from the others.

"Bare-su and Pres-jin has always been loyal to me." He said, approaching the window. "You too?" Wu-jin asked, still holding Hye-ji, not noticing the glare from a certain class president.

"So I'm going too." He said. "Stop it, Dae-su." Hye-ji said. "Why?" He asked.

"Three is enough." (Hye-ji)

"You can't go out there at your size, fatso." (Joon-young)

Hye-ji and Joon-young said at the same time. Making Dae-su look at his own body.

-------

"Really? The two of you? You decided that now is the right time for me to feel so single?" Hyun-jin joked as he saw the two walking towards him. He initially just heard the two, they just can't stop flirting to each other. But well, nothing new.

"Can we go in?" Su-hyeok asked after laughing at the president's words. Hyun-jin sighed and shook his head no.

"What are you gonna do?" Cheong-san asked. "Let's hang by our hands and go across." Hyun-jin said, Su-hyeok agreeing with him.

"No, I don't mean that." Cheong-san said, making both guys look at him. "I heard On-jo told you that she likes you. Are you going to go out with her?" He added. "What?! You aren't dating yet?" Su-hyeok asked before Hyun-jin can even reply.

"Is that important right now?" Hyun-jin asked. "I'm not asking because it's important. I'm just curious, that's all. She's like my sister you know. So just, take care of her. I know you will." Cheong-san said and Su-hyeok nodded.

"Yeah. Now I'm curious too. You told me you like her. What happened?" Su-hyeok asked, Cheong-san looked at his boyfriend, shocked. "You told him and not me? Does Hye-ji know? Or am I the only one who didn't know?" Cheong-san asked.

"Really? You think now is the time for your questions and your jealousy?" Hyun-jin joked. But still answered. "Su-hyeok noticed it and so I told him. I told Hye-ji about On-jo's confession yesterday. I wanted Hye-ji to know about my feelings towards On-jo first before asking her out. But I never found a chance to say to her until On-jo asked me out. I freaked out so I didn't say anything. I wanted to be the one to ask her out." Hyun-jin explained and the two nodded.

"No matter what happen, we'll support you both." Cheong-san told the president with a smile, Su-hyeok nodding beside him.

When the three boys arrived into the teacher's office, they heard something, like glass breaking. They looked at each other. They started crawling but then a phone slid in front of them. Hyun-jin was about to get it but he also got Eun-ji's attention.

"I'm gonna kill you!!"

"Give it to me, fucker! I'll kill you! I don't care if you're Hye-ji's twin!" Su-hyeok then pushed Eun-ji away from Hyun-jin. Su-hyeok grabbed him towards the window, but before he got out, he looked at the phone to see it not open. He slammed the phone down and went to look for another one.

Su-hyeok and Cheong-san tried to hold the zombies but Hyun-jin knows they won't last long.

"You two go! I'll meet you there." Hyun-jin said running out of the room.

Hye-ji's POV

I was sitting beside Wu-jin, we are both facing the window. Where Nam-ra was. I already calmed down. I know my friends won't let anything happen to Hyun-jin. Wu-jin is holding my hand, and I saw Nam-ra look at it for a few seconds before looking somewhere and then our hands again. So I let go of Wu-jin's hand.

"I heard that in some countries, they mourn children more than they do with children. And in others, children more than adults. Which do you think our country is?" Nam-ra asked.

"What do you mean?" Dae-su asked. "When kids die, you lose hope, but when adults die, you lose their wisdom. Hope and wisdom, which do we value more?" Joon-young answered.

Just then, another batch of helicopters passed. "They've been flying all over the place since yesterday. They would've already saved us if they really wanted to. But even if they do come to save us, we won't get out first. We're just not important for that. We're students. That's it." Nam-ra said. I sighed.

"Nam-ra." I said as I approached her with a smile. "Can I talk to you for a moment?" I said and she nodded. We sat by a corner, away from all of them.

"Nam-ra, I understand that what you're saying is true. But right now, nobody wants to hear it. I'm not asking you to tell them or give them false hope. But let's not talk about the people out there not wanting to rescue us. Even if they don't, we'll find something, okay?" I told her.

I know Nam-ra. She's a pessimist. One of the many things we share in common is we hate expecting. Expectations would lead to disappointments, so yeah. But even so, she is our class president and we need her to have hope, for us to have stronger hope. She just nodded at me, making me smile and hug her.

I heard the others call Cheong-san so I looked at them and smiled, seeing Cheong-san go down from the window.

"Finally. About time. Took you long enough." I joked as I saw Su-hyeok jump down. But it didn't last long since I saw Cheong-san look at me before looking down, so I immediately peeked outside the window, looking for my twin.

After not seeing him, I felt my legs go weak as I slid down staring straight to nothing in particular. I felt On-jo stand beside me, looking outside as well.

"Cheng-san, Su-hyeok. Where is he?" I heard her ask the two. "We got separated in the teacher's office. I'm sure he'll be fine." Su-hyeok answered. He'll be just fine, right?

"Are you serious? Oh, shit!" Dae-su said.

I felt another presence beside me, holding my hand. After a few seconds, I felt another one, placing a hand by my knees. But I kept staring ahead.

"I'm sorry for not bringing him back." I heard Cheong-san say before I felt him hugging me. Soon after, Su-hyeok joined the hug. "We're sorry Ji-ji. I promise we'll do everything to find him."