To Hyo-ryeongie

Hyo-ryeong had been staring at the envelope with her name on it for a while now. Thinking about the four days she had spent with the group trying to escape their literal hell called school that had been swarmed with zombies.

In those four days, she had undeniably gotten closer to Hye-ji. She had finally got the answer she was looking for on why Hye-ji never tried to approach her and Ji-min. She finally got to be Hye-ji's friend.

But in those four days also, she lost a lot. She lost her family. She lost her friends. And Ji-min had let go of her in the middle of it. That is what hurts the most. She had trusted Ji-min the most, but Ji-min ended up leaving her behind.

It was a good thing Wu-jin and Hye-ji came for her. And that Ha-ri and her group had showed up to save the three of them. After losing Ji-min, both Nam-ra and Hye-ji never failed to make her feel that she wasn't alone. That it's alright to be scared. That it's normal to show weakness.

---Flashback---

The group is walking around the mountain. It was obvious that Hye-ji had kept quiet after coming back from the construction site with puffy eyes. Hyo-ryeong is currently walking with Hye-ji, Nam-ra and On-jo behind them. While walking they heard a rustling sound, and they definitely know it wasn't from them.

Ha-ri took the lead to where the sound came from. Hyo-ryeong instinctively held Hye-ji's arms. When she realized what she did, she slowly let go, looking down.

"Sorry." She said as they continued walking towards the sound.

"Umm, we should be walking away, right? Why are we walking towards the sound?" Wu-jin asked the group but no one answered him. After a few more steps, Ha-ri had seen where the sound came from. It was a zombie under a big branch of tree that had fallen down, pinning the zombie down.

"Zombie." Ha-ri informed the group, which immediately stopped walking after knowing where the sound came from. "Noona, I told you we should walk away." Wu-jin whisper-shouted, desperate to leave the place where a zombie is currently chilling under a branch of tree.

After that, Hye-ji had stepped up, picking up a big chunk of rock like its paper. She then smashed the rock to the zombie's face. Mumbling a little 'Sorry' before doing so. 

She then came back to her place beside Hyo-ryeong. Holding the girl's arm. The group took a little time before they were able to move on from what had just happened. But shortly after, they decided to continue walking.

To be honest, Hyo-ryeong felt safer with Hye-ji holding her arm. 

"Hyo-ryeong-ah. You know..." Hye-ji started, making Hyo-ryeong to look at her. She didn't expect that Hye-ji would start a conversation with her.

"It's normal to feel scared. As a person, we feel these kind of things, like fear and guilt, just like how we feel sadness and happiness. That is what makes us a person. So you shouldn't be afraid to say that you're scared. You have us, you have your friends with you. Even though we are also scared, psh, then we'll all be scared together. But you should know that you don't have to keep it to yourself. We'll always be here for each other." Hye-ji started with a small smile. 

Hyo-ryeong was scared. She was scared not just of the zombies, but also with the thought that if the group saw how much of a scaredy-cat she is, they are going to just leave her be. Hye-ji's words had made her feel better. But she can see something behind her smile. Pain. She can see pain.

"Thak you, Hye-ji-ah. But you know, you should also not keep your pain to yourself. Everyone here wants to help you. I can feel Nam-ra's eyes on you ever since we started walking. You have been keeping your pain to yourself. We know very little about the thing that happened to you before..." She then looked at Hye-ji, looking to see if she had offended the girl with bringing that thing back.

"Go on...continue. It's okay, I'm listening." Hye-ji encouraged her to continue whatever she is saying.

"Umm, as I said, we know barely anything about that. Ever since that thing, I have seen you smile, but I notice the pain behind your smile. And I heard that even with Hyun-jin you barely opened up about what you were feeling. Just like what you've said to me, you should know that you don't have to keep it to yourself. We'll always be here for you. I-I know that we just became friends, but I want you to be comfortable with me. Even though I'm one of the school's gossips, I know I can keep what you'll tell me safe. Besides, I have no one to gossip with anyway." She said, with a sad smile.

"You know what, you should call me Ji-ji too, that's what most of my friends call me." Hye-ji told the girl. "Okay. I like that, Ji-ji-ah." With this, Hye-ji smiled, a genuine one, not as big as her usual smile, but just enough.

"Go, talk to them. They're worried." Hyo-ryeong said, motioning to the two girls behind them. Hye-ji sighed before nodding.

"Thank you, Hyo-ryeongie."

---End of Flashback---

She traced the letters written outside. 'Hyo-ryeongie, that's what she called me the last time we were able to talk to each other.' She remembered before she slowly opened the envelope with shaking hands. Unfolding the paper right after.

To Hyo-ryeongie

Hi! How are you? I hope you're doing fine. I also hope that you stopped keeping your feelings to yourself. I'm sorry if I left, I needed to. I know you have told me that I shouldn't keep everything to myself, but I need to be here. Not just to keep you guys safe from me, but to also help others like me. I'm trying my best to not keep it to myself, but right now, out here, it's hard, you know...

I'm really sorry if I hadn't approached you in the past. It was stupid of me. But being your friend is one of the best things that had happened to my life, so thank you...for being there for me when I was pushing everyone away.

But anyways,, I really miss you guys. I hope I can stay with you guys soon. I'll be looking forward for that day to come. But until then, stay together. Protect each other. You guys know how hard those four days had been for us. 

Love,

Your friend, Ji-ji

She had felt that she had lost everyone. But after going with the group again, back to school with them to gather around the fire. And seeing Hye-ji again. It made her realize that no. She is not alone. She had always have friends, Dae-su had never left her side after coming to camp. But she didn't realize it until now.

'Thank you, Ji-ji-ah. I'll wait for you. You should look for me when you need someone to talk to. I'll always be available for you, and I hope you know that.'