Chapter 16

Hye-ji stood up, making everyone turn to her. "Hye-ji? What is it?" Nam-ra asked. "I heard something strange." The girl answered. Grabbing Nam-ra's hand before she started walking.

"What if she's finally starting to turn?" Hyo-ryeong asked. "What if half-bies don't turn." Dae-su said from behind her shocking her and slapping Dae-su.

"I hear it." Hye-ji said. "What do you hear?" On-jo asked. "I think someone's puking." She answered. "It stopped." She said after a while.

"What stopped?" Su-hyeok asked. "The sound of puking." She answered. "Stop it. You're scaring me." Hyo-ryeong said. "Don't you hear it?" Hye-ji asked, turning to face the others who shook their heads. "I'm not hearing anything." Hyo-ryeong answered.

Hye-ji just stared at her, scaring her more. "What?" She asked, her heartbeat getting faster. "Are you scared?" Hye-ji asked. "Stop that." She said.

Hye-ji's POV

"It's just...you're the one breathing the loudest." I said. I then continued looking around the room. I can clearly hear Ji-min gulping and her picking on her fingers. Joon-young playing with the bag's zipper. Wu-jin farting.

"What?" He asked. "I heard that." I said, making Wu-jin look down. "Sorry." He mumbled but it's not like we haven't smelled each other's farts already. What do you expect? We grew up together. So it's nothing new.

I also looked at Dae-su when I heard his tummy grumble. But what caught my attention was the sound of footsteps inside the store room.

"We should go. It's weird here." I said. "We can't just leave. There are zombies out there." Cheong-san said. "We should've gone to the roof when the music was playing. Shit" Dae-su said.

On-jo created a plan and now we are about to start setting up. "Guys. You should untie that." She told us. She was about to reach for our hands but Nam-ra placed our hands behind her. Oohh. Is someone getting possessive? Omo. Why am I thinking about it like this.

"It's okay." Nam-ra told On-jo. "Nam-ra. You won't be able to work properly while being tied. Also, no one will approach you two like this. Hatred is contagious, but so is trust." She told her. She then faced to me.

"Hye-ji." She said before untying my hand. "You should've been the class president." Nam-ra said from beside me. After untying me, On-jo walked away.

"You know. I think the two of you would be great friends." I told her, smiling. She smiled back at me. "Come on, let's help out." She told me so I nodded at her.

-------

We already finished setting up. Hyun-jin volunteered to be the one opening the door. But Su-hyeok also stayed.

"Are you and my twin okay now?" I heard my twin ask. I looked around but it seemed like I was the only one to hear it.

"Yes, I think so. That was the good news I said earlier by the way, must've slipped my mind because of everything that happened. I missed her you know? I missed my bestfriend." Su-hyeok answered making me smile. "You know you're gonna have to tell me what happened, right?" My twin asked.

"Sure. But enough of me. What happened to you and Gwi-nam? He said he's gonna kill you." Su-hyeok asked, shocking me. "I saw him kill the principal and told him I'm going to tell the police." My twin answered. What? Gwi-nam killed the principal?

"Asshole. He's dead. When he bit Hye-ji, it was like all I can see is red, I didn't even know I have the strength to pick him up and throw him out of the building." Su-hyeok answered.

"You should tell On-jo. Before it's too late." That's what I told him! "You ready? I'll do it. Go. Get over there." I then saw Hyun-jin enter our side of the room.

We are struggling to hold the barricade. There are too much zombies. "Wu-jin?!" I asked. "No, not yet." He answered. My ears are hurting will all the noise.

Hyun-jin and Cheong-san started pushing the zombies using the note stands. My ears are hurting.

When Wu-jin gave us the signal to go, Su-hyeok, Cheong-san, Hyun-jin, and Dae-su were the last ones to leave. While running, Su-hyeok tripped so I gave him my hand. "Come on, Hyeok-ie." I said as he immediately grabbed my hand. We kept running till we reached the door to the rooftop.

The door is locked. "Hyun-jin, do you know the password?" Cheong-san asked. "No! They don't tell us passwords!" He answered. I then heard the zombies nearing us.

"They're here." I said. Su-hyeok, Hyun-jin, and Cheong-san took position, ready to fight the incoming zombies. The other boys started to slam their bodies to the door, hoping to open it.

Nam-ra then took notice of the blue tarp that was sitting on the side. "Throw this over!" She said, we acted quick, holding the tarp. Wu-jin and Dae-su has used almost all their energy on the door, but to no avail.

I then heard someone walking, making me turn back to the stairs. It's Gwi-nam. He's still alive. I can see the faces of the three guys shocked as well, who wouldn't?

"Hyun-jin. Give me your eye." He said holding my brother. I rushed down the stairs to them. I grabbed Gwi-nam's neck, choking him.

"Hands off my brother." I said through gritted teeth. "Hye-ji!" He said. "Why didn't you die?" I asked him. I saw him get thrown out of the building. He didn't answer so I pushed him to the stairs.

I felt Hyun-jin hold my shoulders. "Are you okay?" He asked and I just nodded, looking at my hands. Since when did I became so strong?

Just then, the door to the rooftop unlocked. Hyun-jin guided me towards the door since I still haven't recovered from the new found strength that I have. Cheong-san and Su-hyeok pushed the zombies down before following after us.

When On-jo opened the door, the chopper was already leaving.

"Come back!"

"Help!"

I covered my ears. The sound of the chopper is too loud, mixed with the screams of my classmates. When the chopper was far already, I looked back to my brother who was leaning on the door.

I started to walk towards him, giving him my hand to help him stand. As he grabbed my hand, there was a banging at the door. He quickly pulled me behind him.

"You do know that I'm stronger than you now, right?" I asked but he shrugged. "I don't care, stay behind me. You may be stronger, but I'll still try to protect you." He told me, glancing at me before looking back at the door.

The banging stopped so Hyun-jin walked towards the door, just then, the banging continued. I pulled Hyun-jin back. After a few more banging, it stopped. I heard his footsteps walking away.

"He's gone." I said. "Who's gone?" I heard Su-hyeok ask so I turned to them.

"Gwi-nam. It's his smell. I hear his breathing, his footsteps." I said.