For Wu-jinnie

Hye-ji's POV

I am playing with Nam-ra's lighter while walking. I almost didn't realize that I reached my destination if I haven't tripped by a zombie's body.

"Stupid Hye-ji." I mumbled. I should've paid attention to where I was walking. If Hyun-jin was here, he would laugh his ass out before helping me and scolding me for not paying attention. But after that he would also be the one to clean the wound.

I stood up and dusted off myself before walking towards a door, opening it.

"I told you you'll see me again." I said and he looked up to see me. "Hye-ji..." He said, as he started crying again. He quickly ran to me and hugged me tight.

"Does this mean I'm a half-bie like you?" He asked. "I think so, Wu-jinnie. Anyway, I'm sorry if I just came back. I didn-" I was going to explain my side when he cut me off.

"You being here is already enough for me. I don't know what I'll do if I'm alone...Ji-ji...I'm scared..." Wu-jin said, whispering the last part.

"It's going to be okay, Wu-jinnie. We will look for other half-bies like us. And hopefully none of them are like Gwi-nam." I told him as I guide him outside.

"But for now, let us hunt for food. We might be dangerous if we get hungry. It was one of the reason I left them. I knew I would've eaten one of them if I hadn't left." I said as I guide him out of the door.

"Right." I heard him say.

"But, Ji-ji...will we be able to see them again?" He asked me.

"We will find a way, Wu-jinnie. But for now, we have to survive together. Just the two of us." I told him. "We will be alright." I reassured him...even though I myself doubt it.

-------

"Hye-ji, what have I done?"

Wu-jin asked me as he stood up from the ground, stepping away from the now dead man I don't recognize. 

"I killed him, Hye-ji. What should I do?" He asked me, crying, making me approach him to pull him away from the body.

I woke up without him beside me, so I frantically got up to search for him. And there, I found him, eating a man.

"It's okay. You're going to be okay. Let's get you cleaned up." I told him, blinking away the tears from my eyes. 

"I did it again, Ji-ji. I can't do this any more. My conscience is killing me. Just let me kill myself, Ji-ji." He said, crying as I clean his hand.

"No, you can't give up. Ha-ri unnie is waiting for us, okay? We will be okay. We need to be strong for each other."

"No, Hye-ji. I can't keep living like this. I can't." He said.

"You can't be like this, Wu-jin. You have to fight, at least for Ha-ri unnie. Because I know that if Hyun-jin was there, if he is still alive with them, I know that I will do my best to fight. You're lucky, Wu-jinnie, that you still have Ha-ri unnie. While here I am, I lost my twin already, but did you see me give up? No. Because I have to fight, I have to. For them. For the people that I love. Please, Wu-jin, I can't lose you, too." I told him as I start to cry as well. That seemed to stop him from crying.

We sat there in silence, the only sound to be heard is my sobs.

"Shh, Ji-ji. Don't cry. I'm sorry. If noona heard about me making you cry, she'll beat my ass up." He told me, trying to lighten up the mood, and he succeeded as he had made me laugh.

"We'll get through this, Wu-jinnie."

-------

"Are you going back to the rooftop?" Wu-jin asked me. 

"Yes, I feel like they are coming today. Are you sure you're not coming?" I asked him. He told me he didn't want to come as he might not control himself and start attacking them.

"Just give the letter to noona." He told me as he hugged me and kissed my forehead before I go.

Before I step out of the door, I looked back to him. "I'm sure she'd be happy to know that you're here. Next time, you two will see each other." I told him before walking.