Chapter 19

The group is now sitting around the fire again. Hye-ji was sitting beside Nam-ra and Hyun-jin. Both students didn't want to leave the girl's side.

Almost everyone is complaining how their body hurts because of the fight with Gwi-nam.

"What the hell is with that Gwi-nam kid? You said he got bitten." Joon-young asked, Hyun-jin. "I don't know. It looks like he became a different being." The president answered.

"I don't think he can die." Su-hyeok added. "What's up with you and Gwi-nam?" Dae-su turned to Hye-ji. "Were you friends? He didn't seem to want to hurt you." He added.

Wu-jin slapped Dae-su's arm. "Shut up." He said. "What? I'm just asking." Dae-su said, rubbing his arms. "He likes her." Wu-jin whispered but failed miserably as everybody still heard it.

He pulled away from Dae-su when he felt something hit him. "Yah! If you're trying to whisper, try harder. The entire school heard your whisper." Hye-ji said after she threw her shoe at Wu-jin. Wu-jin rubber his neck with a little "Sorry." He then gently threw the shoe back to its owner.

"What if he climbs up again?" Hyo-ryeong asked. "That asshole is bad, but to be honest, I'm scared of Hye-ji too. You saw her fighting earlier." Ji-min confessed.

"Well, I think it's reasonable to assume they're both half-bies-" Dae-su was cut off when Hyo-ryeong hit him. "What?" He asked in a hushed tone.

"You're really okay, Hye-ji? You wouldn't do that to us, right?" Ji-min asked, looking at Hye-ji. "Would you believe me if I said that I wouldn't?" Hye-ji said, knowing that Ji-min doesn't really trust her.

"Why do you have to say it that way? Can you at least try to make us believe you? We're going to be together anyway." Ji-min said. When Hye-ji didn't talk, Ji-min spoke again.

"I never really liked you. You talked to everyone. But you never tried to approach me and Hyo-ryeong. You talk to people in other class, our seniors, almost to everyone. But you almost never spoke to us." Ji-min confessed.

"Well..." Hye-ji started, making everyone turn to her, waiting on her response.

"I was scared of you, you know." Hye-ji said, everyone now looking at her, confused, so she continued.

"You know almost every gossip around the campus. And you were friends with Na-yeon. When the thing with Dong-min happened, I was thinking that every time you look at me, you were talking about me. That Na-yeon might've told you what really happened, because she knew.

"I was thinking that you were talking of how stupid I was. Of how I let that happen. I was scared to approach you because I think you're just going to judge me. I didn't mean to hurt you if you felt that way. But I was really scared because if you ask me anything about it, I wouldn't be able to defend myself. Because even I, myself knew how stupid I was. I'm sorry if you felt like you two were the only ones I don't talk to." She said, looking down, scared of looking at anyone right now.

"You know, we did talk about you before. But every time we start talking about it, Na-yeon would stop us. Saying that we should stop talking about you and about what happened. So we really didn't get the chance to talk about it." Hyo-ryeong said, truthfully.

"Oh." Hye-ji said, glancing at Hyo-ryeong before looking down again. "I'm sorry if I assumed that you were talking about me." She said.

"No." Ji-min said, making everyone turn to her. "You shouldn't say sorry for that. What you felt was understandable. So...I'm sorry, for making you feel that way. Sorry if you felt like we were talking about you. I'm sorry, Hye-ji." Ji-min said, sincerely.

"Me too, Hye-ji. I'm sorry." Hyo-ryeong also said. After that, everyone went back to teasing each other. Hyun-jin put an arm around his twin.

"I'm proud of you, baby sis." He whispered. "You, I'm proud of you too, for finally being able to tell On-jo how you feel." Hye-ji teased, making Hyun-jin chuckle.