Chapter 28

After On-jo has calmed down, the group continued walking. Hye-ji is walking with Nam-ra.

"Hey, Nam-ra." Hye-ji called the class president. "Hmm?" Nam-ra asked with a hum.

"Nothing. Just remember that I love you, okay? No matter what happens." Hye-ji said. "Yah, stop talking like that. Like you're...like you're going to leave." Nam-ra told her, but Hye-ji didn't reply, making Nam-ra sigh.

"Me too. I love you, too. No matter what happen." Nam-ra said as she tightened her grip on Hye-ji's hand.

-------

Soon enough they got out of the mountain. What welcomed them is the smoke from the explosion. There are also a lot of dead animals on the road.

"Didn't he say we should go to Yangdong?" Dae-su asked the group. He is still being carried by Su-hyeok and Cheong-san. "Do you think there are zombies here too?" Hyo-ryeong asked. "No way. They probably evacuated the city because it's next to Hyosan." Su-hyeok told her.

"Hey, I'm getting a bad feeling about this." Mi-jin told the group. "Why are there no people?" She added a question. "It's okay here." Ha-ri answered.

"Why? What's okay?" Mi-jin asked the archer. "There are no broken windows, and there's no blood on the streets. It wouldn't be this clean if the zombies had been rampant." Ha-ri answered.

All of a sudden, Hye-ji stopped walking, making the others stop as well as they looked at her.

"What is it?" Nam-ra asked. "Hold on." Hye-ji replied. The others breathing had picked up, nervous of what is happening. With whatever Hye-ji heard. With the expression on the female Hwang's face, it can't be good.

Hye-ji then turned around, looking behind them. The others quickly followed where she was looking, trying to see something. But there was nothing. For now, at least.

"What is it, Hye-ji-ah?" On-jo asked the girl. Wu-jin then walked towards Hye-ji. "What is it? Is something here?" He asked.

"Zombies." Hye-ji replied, it was so low it was almost a whisper.

"Where?" On-jo asked. "Everywhere." Hye-ji answered, a little louder this time. Nam-ra just looked at the girl, tightening her grip on the female Hwang's hand.

"Are there a lot of them?" Hyo-ryeong asked. Hye-ji looked at the distance again, trying hard to listen to how many footsteps there are.

"One, two, three..." She started, her breathing started to pick up its pace. "four, five six..." She continued, still breathing heavily as the others started getting ready.

"Seven, eight..." She is still counting and now, all the others are looking around, looking for any sign of zombies.

"Nine, ten, eleven..."

"Run." She stopped counting, and instructed everyone to run. There are too many zombies. She gripped Nam-ra's hand, pulling the class president with her as she ran.

The seniors once again led the way, with the boys at the tail of the group. Using her available hand, she removed the cloth covering her eye. Allowing her to see properly.

After a while of running, Dae-su, Su-hyeok, and Cheong-san had collapsed on the ground. "Damn it."

The girls came back to the three. "Are you guys okay?"

Su-hyeok quickly stood up and grabbed a shovel. "Take Dae-su and go." He said. "Forget it." Dae-su told him, also getting something to use as a weapon.

"What are you doing? I said go." Su-hyeok asked. "I said forget it." Dae-su told him. The others following in getting a weapon.