Chapter 13

Dae-su slammed open the door, shocking Hyun-jin who was looking at the hallway through the window. After seeing Hyun-jin, Dae-su attacked the president with a hug.

"Where's Hye-ji? And On-jo?" The president asked, but as soon as he asked, another batch of their group came in, running. On-jo was the first to go in.

"On-jo!" He pushed Dae-su and ran to the girl. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked and On-jo just shook her head.

"How did you guys know I was here?" He asked, looking around the room, and quickly realizing something. "Where the hell is my sister?!"

He looked at Nam-ra, who was at the door, peaking outside. They all turned to her. "She told me to run and that she will be right behind me. She said she'll help Su-hyeok." She said not sparing them a glance and kept looking outside.

"I shouldn't have let her go." She mumbled to herself.

-------

Hye-ji was screaming. Su-hyeok wanted to cry, not of sadness, but it's angry tears. He is so angry at Gwi-nam. The bastard just bit his bestfriend! He just got his bestfriend back and he will not let anything bad happen to her.

Gwi-nam pushed Hye-ji. When he saw that it was actually Hye-ji who he bit and pushed, his face visibly turned to regret and concern. He rushed down to help Hye-ji, but she was feeling a little too weak at the moment.

"Leave her alone. Asshole!" He shouted as he pushed Gwi-nam out of the building. He quickly knelt down beside Hye-ji. He looked at the bite mark from Gwi-nam.

"That asshole." He hissed before looking at the female Hwang worriedly. "Let's go, Ji-ji." He helped her up, hearing the zombies nearing.

Hyun-jin quickly opened the door and got out, running to the stairs. Cheong-san and the others following quickly. But before they can even run far, they saw Su-hyeok and Hye-ji running towards them.

"Go in! Go inside!" They heard Su-hyeok yell. They quickly run back to the music room. Su-hyeok gently pushing Hye-ji in before going after her and slamming the door close. They also closed the curtains.

Hyun-jin looked at Hye-ji who was closing the white curtains. Before she can reach the last window, he spoke. "There's a zombie there. It's caught under a piano, so it can't go anywhere." Hye-ji nodded walking away from the zombie.

She then felt two strong arms around her. She melted into the hug. Feeling safe after all that. She felt safe in her twin's arms.

"Don't scare me like that again." He whispered. Hye-ji didn't say anything but he felt her nod and that's all that he needed.

"We can't go to the roof?" Hyo-ryeong stated. She's right. Without the music, they can't just run to the roof. Hyun-jin let go of Hye-ji. She sat down in one of the chairs and Hyun-jin stood beside her.

"There are zombies out there, so...Let's just think a little." Su-hyeok said. As Hyo-ryeong was looking around, she took notice of Hye-ji's arm. She stood up, scared.

"Hey." She said getting everyone's attention. "Hey, Hye-ji." She called to the girl, making her look up. "What happened to your arm? That's a bite mark, isn't it?" She asked. With this, the others also took notice of the bite mark in her arm. They stood up and backed away from Hye-ji, except Hyun-jin who just looked at the mark. He was scared, not of Hye-ji, but with the possibility of losing his twin.

Cheong-san acted quick, he picked up a music note stand walked towards Hye-ji, with tears in his eyes. But Su-hyeok also moved to stand in front of Hye-ji.

"No, that's not it." Su-hyeok said. "Move. Step back, Su-hyeok." Cheong-san told Su-hyeok. "That's not it, Lee Cheong-san!" He said, Cheong-san stopped in his tracks as he heard Su-hyeok use his whole name.

Su-hyeok didn't want to fight Cheong-san. But he believes that Gwi-nam is not a zombie. Zombies can't talk. Zombies can't threaten anyone with words. Zombies can't have emotions and he sure saw clearly how Gwi-nam's face showed emotion when he realized he had bit Hye-ji. 

He can't let Cheong-san do anything to Hye-ji. He knows Cheong-san would be consumed by guilt if ever he would do something. He also can't lose Hye-ji. Not now. Not ever. He already lost her before because of that bastard, Dong-min. 

"Tell them. You weren't bitten by a zombie." Su-hyeok faced Hye-ji who just watched the two. Everyone waited for her response but she didn't speak. Her mind is being clouded by guilt.

'I'm the reason they're fighting. If I leave, they won't fight anymore. I don't want to see them fight'

"Say something." He said.

"Gwi-nam. He bit her." Su-hyeok said. Snapping Hyun-jin out. "Hye-ji. Did Gwi-nam really bit you?" Cheong-san asked. He didn't want to do this, Hye-ji is his friend. She nodded, making Cheong-san raise the stand again.

"What do you mean? Yoon Gwi-nam? The bully? I saw him get bit by zombies." Hyun-jin asked. His first time speaking after seeing the bite mark on his twin's arm.

"We know Hyun-jin would never lie to us against his sister. So if he's telling the truth. Then Gwi-nam is-" Cheong-san was cut off by Su-hyeok's loud voice.

"Bullshit. He was literally talking to me. Tell them Hye-ji!" He said, facing Hye-ji once again. When they heard the zombies outside, they lowered their voices.

"You saw him. He wasn't a zombie at all." He told Hye-ji. The girl stood up facing his twin. "Are you sure he was bitten by zombies?" She asked him. "Yeah." He said, tears filling his eyes. "So I'll turn into a zombie." She concluded.

Su-hyeok turned to face her. "You won't." He sternly said. She noticed Nam-ra walk towards her. "Nam-ra...I" She started, but thought against it. 

"Nevermind. I'll just go." She said turning away but stopped.

"Everyone, thank you." She said as she started walking away. "Hold on, Ji-ji." Su-hyeok called her so she stopped, but did not face them. "Hye-ji-ah, I just got you back...please don't. I can't lose my bestfriend again." He said. Everyone now has a tear filled eyes.

After a moment, Hye-ji continued walking, but a hand grabbed her wrist. Stopping her from walking.

"I'm not letting you go." 

-------

Meanwhile, Na-yeon had been listening to them ever since they arrived. She tried to silence herself with her hand, it helped concealing her sobs, but her tears continued rushing down. 

"Hye-ji was bit?" She asked herself in a whisper. 

-------------

~Hello everyone. This is kind of a short chapter. But I wanted to leave some mystery in the chapter. Who do you think held Hye-ji back?

Today is the final day of my midterms but I wanted to update first. Please enjoy!~