Chapter 21

"Run!" Su-hyeok shouted and we didn't wait anymore. We started running and Ha-ri unnie opened the door to the equipment room, letting all of us in. The last ones to enter are Wu-jin, Ha-ri unnie and Mi-jin unnie. Without the other guy and Min-jae oppa.

I was looking at everyone. Mi-jin unnie is crying in the arms of Ha-ri unnie. I saw Ha-ri unnie also reach for Wu-jin's hands. Joon-young is staring at nothing. Dae-su was standing in the corner. Su-hyeok was standing with Cheong-san. Hyun-jin is still holding On-jo's hands.

We lost Ji-min, Min-jae and that guy Min-jae and Mi-jin unnie is pushing when we first saw them. It was until now that I realize Hyo-ryeong was still holding onto me. It must be hard for her. To lose her best friend. I don't even know what will happen to me if I lose anyone of Hyun-jin, Nam-ra, On-jo, Su-hyeok, Cheong-san, or Wu-jin.

I then looked at Nam-ra, who was already looking at me. I was about to reach for her hand but she lightly hit my arm before she hugged me. I felt Hyo-ryeong slowly release my arm to let me hug Nam-ra back.

"Don't just leave like that! You scared me..." She whisper-yelled. "I'm sorry if I scared you, but I can't just leave Wu-jinnie." I told her and as Nam-ra parted from me, she gave me a small smile and an understanding nod. I then hear Dae-su speak to Cheong-san. "Hey, Cheong-san, I'm...so sorry. I didn't know she was your mom." But Cheong-san didn't even look at him. "I'm sorry." Dae-su said again before Cheong-san melted to the floor.

Su-hyeok immediately held Cheong-san over his chest, letting Cheong-san cry. This sight made me tear up. Mrs. Lee is a great woman. I know how strong her bond is with her son. My attention was soon caught by a silently crying On-jo in the arms of my brother.

-------

After a while, On-jo and Mi-jin unnie calmed down. Soon after, Cheong-san did too. But I know he is still grieving.

After what seemed like an hour, we started to clean up the room a little. Making a place for us to sleep. While helping, I felt someone hold my wrist, making me look up to the person.

"Unnie." I said, looking at Ha-ri unnie. She then hugged me. "I'm glad you're safe. All three of you." She said before hugging me, tight. I almost cried as she hugged me. "I'm glad you are too, unnie." I whispered.

She was the one to break our hug. "Let's help them." She told me, giving me a smile and I only nodded.

"Hey. Sunny~" I heard Mi-jin unnie say in a singsong voice making me smile. She has a loud voice so she caught everyone's attention. They looked around, looking for who 'Sunny' is.

She then walked towards me, patting my back. "Glad you're alive, Sunny." She said, and I could've swore I saw Ha-ri unnie smile. Are they a thing?

"Jin unnie~" I copied her singsong voice, making her smile wider. I just hugged her. And she immediately hugged back. After that she resumed whatever she was doing next to Ha-ri unnie.

"Do you, like, know everyone in school?" I heard Joon-young ask so I faced him. "More or less." I answered with a shrug. The others started to move again but Joon-young is still processing the fact that I know almost everyone in school.

I then pat his shoulders. "Don't worry about it, Joongie. Let's help them?" I told him. "It's just...it must be hard for you. If you know almost everyone here, then it must be hard for you to see them as zombies." He said making me drop my hand from his shoulder and look down. I hear his breathing increase.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, did I upset you?" He asked, panicked so I look back at him to shake my head. "It's fine. I'm fine. As long as you guys, my friends, are safe. I'm happy." I replied to him making him smile.