The Meeting

Pov of Cagney:

I see a hand through the vines. It's not fully solid. It glows bright blue. It's safe to assume it woke me. There's two voices near me. One I don't recognise

"Uh um... I can't grasp the vines!"

"I'll be over in a moment!"

There's footsteps

"Careful of the thorns!"

"I don't give a damn about the thorns!"

Light slowly leaks in

"Is he ok?"

"Cagsters? You ok? It's me, Hilda. Hey ghost boy go get a roll he'll probably be hungry"

"Alright I'll be back!"

It's bright...my eyes need to adjust. Someone's arms wrap around me as I'm held close. Someone's tears fall onto my shoulders. My eyes adjust. Hilda holds me close like I died or something.

"Hilda? What's wrong? Were you worried about me? I'm a big strong boy!"

She pushes me away as if she wasn't just crying her eyes out.

"YOU IDIOT! I WAS REALLY WORRIED! Don't EVER scare me like that again"

I laugh. Same old Hilda. She never was straightforward with her feelings. It makes me wonder what she's hiding. She's so defensive I wonder what happened. It was always this   way since I've known her, but people aren't born so defensive.

I look up "ghost boy" has returned with a roll in his hand. He holds it out to me.

"I-I'm fine!" I smile "Thank you tho-MMPH-!!" Hilda snatches it and shoves it into my mouth.

"Eat dumass!" She shoves it deeper

The ghost boy trys grabbing her arm but phases through

"HEY! ST-STOP! You're gonna choke him"

That was the other voice. I don't mind being choked (there's probably a joke in there somewhere) the voice isn't whiney like I expected but rather smooth and cool like cold grass.

He jumps into Hilda. He overtakes her body and forces her to gently hand me the bread. He leaves her body.

"S-s-sorry! I uh um uh... Didn't want to... Uh um him and uh"

The ghost can't find words. It's adorable and I understand what he's trying to say. I laugh "it's alright uh... What's your name?"

He perks up "Spector!"

Hida gets up. "I gotta help the others." She teases me and possibly Spector too "I'll leave you two alone. Have fun lovebirds~" she looks at Spector "careful he can be rough"

ex-FUCKING-CUSE ME?! Love birds?! No it's not like that! And what does she mean "ROUGH?!" she's the mean one!

I look at Spector he's red-blue? HE'S BLUSHING AND IT'S CUTE OK?!