worry

Cagney's POV:

I wake up. The sun is blinding but brings a nice warmth. I forgot how nice it is to just soak up some sun. It takes me a moment for my eyes to adjust. When they do I see I've been properly bandaged up and spec is sleeping on me. He could be a doctor if the train job somehow fails. I doubt that'll happen though. The train crew is like one big family.

He notices that I'm awake. Our eyes meet for a long moment. Neither of us know what to do. I can't think of anything to say and I think he's the same way. He settles for gripping onto my shirt and burying his face in my chest.

"Spec thanks for bandaging me up..." I say trying to break the silence

He sits up, happy from the compliment. He forces himself to take on a more serious tone.

"If you keep getting hurt I might just run out of bandages! And what if I'm not there to patch you up? " He says

"I appreciate the help, but if you're not here then I have the vines" I explain

"The vines aren't as good as bandages" he pouts

I hold him close.

"Awww you don't need to get jealous darling-" I start

"I'M NOT JEALOUS! YOU COULD'VE DIED!" he shouts.

I'm not used to him shouting. It takes me completely by surprise. He's right. I meet his eyes once more. Instant mistake. He has regret on his face. He looks like he's about to cry. I hug him.

"H-hey... It's alright." I try to reassure him

"No it's not Cagney. I don't wanna loose you." He explains

"I know. I was reckless. I promise I'll be careful from now on" I say

"If you get hurt again I'll kick your ass" he says laughing

I button up my shirt. I need to patch up the rips. That can wait. I don't plan on going out soon. He adjusts the collar on his uniform.

"Hey Cagney? Wanna go stargazing tonight? Last night was a clear night it'll probably be the same tonight" he asks

"A clear night...that's odd..." I think out loud

"Yeah it was pretty. Not a single cloud in the sky." He says

A sudden overwhelming feeling fills me. The feeling where you KNOW something is wrong. The clouds...hilda usually makes them so she can reach the stars. If it was a clear night then...

"Soooo?" He trails off

I snap back into the real world. I don't wanna alarm spec. I'm probably over thinking. However that feeling isn't going away until I investigate.

"In that case let's go visit hilda. She knows a thing or two about the stars so she knows some good spots." I smile.

A calming light. It's quiet. Too quiet. All I hear are the sounds of the forest and crying. A voice talks. A wise man's voice. The light and the voice are coming from the same source.

"Ah!" I gasp

"Everything alright?" Spec asks as he grabs his hat.

"A vision." I say as I put on my coat

"What'd you see." He inquires

"A forest near a body of water" I explain as I button my coat.

"That doesn't give us much huh? Perhaps it's a good spot for the stars?" He thinks

"That's a possibility" I smile "ready?"

He nods. We head out. It's not a long walk at all. We get to Hilda's place. Usually you can hear her sleeping when it's this quiet. She likes to pass out on her couch,which is relatively close to the door. She must be in her bed for once. I gently knock on the door.