his possession

Spector's pov:

He smiles "so pasta huh? Sounds good!"

I place my hand on his chest. Thump thump. Thump thump. What a beautiful feeling. His heart is beating so fast. The sound of life. I open my eyes and look at him. He's red. I blush and remove my hand.

"I'M SO SORRY!" I hide my face into my shirt.

He laughs. "Aww it's ok! You don't gotta be shy"

He tries to sit up. I gently push him back down. I know Hilda doesn't want him moving around.

"Please don't move. You'll hurt yourself!" I can't help but feel worried

He sits up "I'm fine don't worry"

I get on him and push him down. I end up phasing into him. It's a weird feeling being inside of him. His body is really hot. I can feel things. As a ghost, I'm not used to such sensations.

I try getting up. That's when I realize I didn't just phase through him I possessed him.

Hilda returns home with some stuff. She looks around the room. She looks at me.

"Did your boyfriend leave?" She asks

That's right... Since I'm using cagney's body she only sees him. I nod to her

"It takes a bit to get to work" I change the subject "so what did you get"

To my surprise she seems kinda sad I left. She Cheers up when I ask her about the food.

"Just stuff to make soup" she says

She cooks dinner as I rest. I feel physical pain. I don't know how cagney says "I'm fine" when it hurts this much. I wanna cry it hurts so bad.

~~~~

I sit up against the couch to eat dinner. I look at Hilda. I need to ask her something.

"What's wrong? You looked really upset today." I look at her

"I was just worried about you... That's all it-" she tries to explain

I cut her off. "No. It's more than that. A lot more and we both know it. Even before this happened you always look so sad. What's wrong?"

She looks down. "Its... Just..."

An awkward silence hangs in the air. I know what's wrong. I could tell from the start. I tried to ignore it. I thought things would be ok. But they aren't.

"You're jealous aren't you?" I say it quite bluntly

She freezes with a shocked expression and gets up with a shout "WHA-?! NO! OF COURSE NOT!"

"You're doing it again. You're pushing me away because you don't want me to know. It's obvious. See? You're about to cry" I say.

She sits down. "I can't help it ok?" She got defensive.

"Calm down, it's ok" I smile.

"No...it's not...im getting in the way..." She's crying

I stand up. "No not at all."

Pain shoots through his body and I feel it. I fall down. It hurts. It really hurts.

She rushes to me. She lays me down and starts tending to the wound. It reopened.

She leaves for a moment and I stop possessing his body. I apologize to him. I notice he's passed out. Hilda returns with some bandages. She notices me.

"I thought you returned to work" she says

I'm nervous. "Yeah I told him that. I've been taking care of his plants. I don't know if I wanna tell him yet tho..."

She believes the lie. She starts tending to his wound and I watch. I notice she's not doing it right and I take over doing it.

She looks at me. "Hey uh... Do you think... It'd be best if you... Take care of him from now on... You know more than I do."

I nod. There's probably another reason for her wanting me to take care of him. I pick him up and head out.