longing

[Spec]

I'm sitting in one of the cars near the back of the train. I have the door open and if I had legs they'd be danling off. There's no cargo in this cart that could fly out. It's just repair stuff for the train nicely packed away and a sleeping bag in case I feel like passing time. The moon is full tonight. I like when the moon is out because it's easier to see. I like seeing the views while traveling.

I think about what happened back at the hospital. I hate arguments, I hate Loud sounds- Especially yelling. I hate, arguments in general.

That one guy seems to be in whatever mob cags is in. He was probably sent to check on him. He's pretty close to him. Probably work partners. No wait... Cagney never mentioned a partner. Considering his line of work Cats wouldn't need a partner. Even for disposal, because no one goes into the woods. Even if he got caught Rumor would cover him. A work family like how this train crew is? Probably...those are quite common aren't they.

I don't like how tense things have become. Hilda and I are worried about Cagney's safety- given his job he can't stay safe and us debtors are worried about getting our souls taken. It's hard to live in peace nowadays isn't it? With all the chaos, I wonder how everyone is doing.

I'm still worried about the soul situation. My anxiety spikes thinking about it. Goopy is dead and Wally is assumed to share the same fate. Grim is taking care of his son. He's suprosingly good with kids. I heard that Dr Khal is educating the boy. They get along really well apparently

I'm terrified of losing anyone else. I can't die but losing someone I love is worse. I'm scared that I'll say goodbye as usual and it'll be the last time I do so. I'm terrified of that.

I don't want to think of such things at the moment. I'll start crying. I don't want to cry right now. I just want to look at the pretty sky. I just want to look at the calming sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[King dice]

If someone saw the boss' office right now they'd think we were partying. However this is just a normal Friday night. At work we're strictly professional. After hours though... We have fun however we please.

Boss is singing. We're both drunk. Unlike him I'm not aware of my mortality status. This is a problem because demons can only get drunk on special alcohol that kills mortals. I've been drinking a lot for a mortal (should be puking and dead by now) and I feel buzzed. I don't want to risk taking the demon stuff and dying.

Boss sits next to me. He leans on me.

"You're comfortable" he mumbles

"Is that so?" I ask

"Yeah... Like a pillow"

"Like a stuffed animal?"

"Yeah"

"Sounds delightful"

"Boss," I ask "you think the demon stuff would work for me?"

"We can try. I'll revive you if you due but you owe me" he says.

He hands the bottle he's holding to me.

He's staring at me. I shouldn't have any doubts but...

"What's wrong? If it's too much back down ok? Don't push yourself" he says

"Fuck it!" I shout

I chug a good bit of the bottle. Boss grabs it before I can drink too much

"You're supposed to do shots!" He says

I feel a wave of warmth course through my body and scream through my soul. It happens in a flash and ends within a blink.

"Dice you alright?" Boss nudges me. He looks worried.