Good morning.

Cagney's pov:

It hurts. It hurts so much. A sharp pain. A loud sound. One more time. Again and again. I feel myself falling to the depths of the ocean. It's cold. The arms of the void below wrap around me and pull me deeper and deeper. I look at a light. It shines on the surface. A nice soft light. Muffled voices ring out. They swirl into the sound of bubbles and fish. Everything is numb. Things lost their meaning.

Hilda's Pov:

It was chaotic. Ghost boi rushed over with a bleeding Cagney in his arms. I was able to fix him up enough for him to awake...eventually. It's been awhile cagney's been out. I got worried he was actually dead. I assume cagney was getting shot at by some guy or something.

But that wasn't the case. According to Spector cagney was rambling about something. Letters and an office job and some other shit. He ended up running home. When Spector chased after him, he found cagney in his house all paranoid. He told Spector to get put and aimed a gun around. He fired it off multiple times and that's how he got himself hurt.

I notice cagney awake. My voice erupts "oh you're awake!" I'm about to cry "thank goodness"

Spec isn't here to see this, he's working on the train today. Cagney looks at me. He tries to get up but I push him back down. I know he'll try again and again of I don't stop him.

"Lay THE FUCK down" I push him forcefully until he lays back down.

He chuckles. "Aww you're no fun."

This idiot... "IT'S NOT *SUPPOSED* TO BE FUN" I shout

He looks at me. He moves to get up but then stops himself and lays down

"Hilda...you're crying...were you worried about little ol' me?" He teases

"It's hard not to when you've shot yourself" I pick up one of the many vines on the ground. This one is wilting and light "aren't these supposed to protect you? I'm not your personal nurse you know!"

He looks around the best he can. "Yeah..." he's looking for something in particular. "What about the beast?" He sits up which harms him.

I rush over and fix his bandages "Careful dumbass. Now's not the time for your bullshit. There wasn't a beast this time. Well I don't think there was. Ghost boy didn't mention one."

"Spec?..." He trails off. If there wasn't a beast then... No... It would've had to...but maybe..." He's lost in thought.

I look at him as I sit down beside him. "Alright little petal what's on your mind?" He's not gonna tell me otherwise.

He hesitates to tell me but he eventually comes around. "What if the beast wasn't just physical...but mental as well?"

I don't quite get it but he seems to be making sense of it. Just then I hear the door open. It's spec and he's probably on lunch break.

"Hi Hilda. So how is he..." He sees he's awake and burst out crying. "CAGS!" he practically jumps on him

I grab the little guy, he's surprisingly more solid than I thought. I pull him off of cagney.

"You fucking idiot! Just because he's awake doesn't mean he's healed yet! You can't just jump on him like that you're gonna hurt him! It took him long enough to wake-" I shout. I'm not even holding back anymore

"Hey spec... Did you see a beast when...shit happened?" Cagney interrupts

Spec seems kinda scared of me now. "Um... No. But you were growing vines everywhere. Not as cluttered as not...but still" he explains

Cagney gets lost in thought again. He's probably zoned out and thinking hard. He's about to speak but I interrupt.

"Cagney...I don't want any more weapons in your house got it?" I know he won't listen without a reason that makes sense to him. "If it's mental like you suggest it could seek out a weapon again."

Spector nods in agreement "yeah turn them in and we'll throw them in the ocean... Or something"

I look at Spector. He means well but he's kinda.... I don't know how to put it. He's smart but lacking in some areas.

Cagney looks at me. "How long was I out for?"

I respond "about a month"

Cagney looks at spec. "Don't you have work?"

Spector looks at his watch "no not til around 8. There's no passengers until then and we're done with getting cargo shipped"

Spector probably wants to talk to Cagney one on one so I decide to give a shitty excuse to leave.

I stand up "I'm going to the store. You boys want anything"

They both shake their heads. As I leave through the door I hear spec talking to him.

"So I've been learning to make pasta! It's quite easy! Once you get better I'll make you some!"

There's excitement in his voice. They're getting along. How nice. There's a feeling in my chest. Am I... Jealous? NO! that can't be right! He's happy with spector. I want Cagney to be happy. So why am I jealous? I just don't get it...