day

Cagney:

I awoke. My first thought was about how in the actual fuck am I alive. By all means I should've bled out.

I open my eyes...eye? Anyway. I get blinded by the sun. It takes me a moment to adjust.

When I look around I see a lot of vines. They've seemed to bandage me. I touch my right eye. It's gone. I search frantically for it. Did chips come back and take it? I can't find it anywhere. I start freaking out. Suddenly I see it in the corner of my eye. It's simply laying on the table. I fix the couch back and sit down. I put a napkin over the eye. I feel something grow in the socket. I touch it. It's a flower.

Damn. I check my other wounds. The bullets aren't in my legs. Damn if the vines are this good at taking care of me maybe I should've been a doctor.

I shouldn't walk with injured legs. I guess I'm forced to take it easy then.

There's a knock on the door. Not again. I'm not doing that shit again. I stab a vine through the door. I hear a scream without a southern accent.

"CAGS WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!" He shouts.

I know that voice anywhere! It's spec. How the hell is he here?! He has work all week. Even worse, I don't want him to see me like this.

"Oh s-sorry I..." I trail off unable to bullshit my way out of this.

"I'm letting myself in" he says.

I want to stop him. I really don't want him to see me like this. He'll definitely freak out. I try to get up and get to the door. I'm using the wall for support but he's already stepping through the hole I've made.

"Where have you been? I thought we were gonna meet up once I got time off work. You really got me worried. Is everything ok? Have you really been cooped up here for that long? You should've said something. I don't mean to barge in but-" he rambles as he enters

And then he sees me.

"H...hi..." I manage

He stands there shocked. He's not saying anything. I nervously smile. The silence is killing me.

"Spec...I'm sorry...I-" I start

He clings onto me. It throws me off balance and I fall to the floor. I wrap my arms around him. He's crying.

"You're hurt..." He says "who did this to you?! Did a gang do it?! Did you get in a shoot out?!" His voice cracks slightly as he speaks. He looks up at me.

He's worried. Shit... I didn't mean for this to happen. He's figured out that I'm working with criminals.

"No...no shoot out..." I say

It only seems to calm him a bit.

"Those casino bastarfs were after my soul. The cowboy came after me. He wanted my soul and my eyes apparently." I explain

"Your eyes? Why would he...wait the ones I gave you?" He asks

I nod, "it seems they want their ability to see the future"

He touches the flower.

"Good thing your plants protected you" he smiles

"Um... You're not wrong, but uh..." I don't know how to phrase it "I kinda had to make a point in order for him to leave" I say

"Make a point?" He asks

I sigh. "Y-yeah...he wouldn't take no for an answer so uh... I kinda had to show him..."

"What did you do?" He seems concerned

I point to the flower. "I stabbed my own eye."

It feels nice to get that off my back. It's strange to admit that out loud.