What Happens

Spector's POV:

Dinner? Well I guess. I think by warning him I prevented it. He's not changing clothes to get into a suit or anything. I did it!

"Let's get going dear" he holds out his hand

Mine fits in like a puzzle piece. He's warm. The eye reverts into my hand so it doesn't get squished.

We walk through the die house to isle two. We get through to the carnival when Cagney let's go of my hand. I look at him about to ask why but I find the answer. He's covering his ears. The sounds of people and rides must be too much. You know him and Werner are way too similar with things like that. He starts walking faster. We get to a quiet area. He gives a sigh of relief. I hear footsteps and he grabs his pew thing and shoots it. It's a blue and red clown.

"WOAH BUSTER!" He laughs. "YOU MISSED! NO PRIZE!" that last part seems like there should be a joke in there

Cagney smiles and puts the thingy away. "Hi bepi"

Bepi looks at me he has the look the twins get "OOOOO-!"

I cut him off "don't even start that shit"

He gives a sad look. It shifts when he sees Cagney "so you like the small mad ones!"

Cagney sighs "and why do you care about the..."Ones" I like?" His tone his oddly flirtly but in a teasing way.

Bepi stops and Cagney laughs. Bepi seems kinda red I don't know why though. You don't turn red when someone ruined your fun.

"I need to uh.. Go do carnival things!" Bepi runs off

Cagney grabs my hand "don't mind him. He's rather loony."

I smile I wasn't really worried. We go through the dice house and into the city.

Someone else comes to talk to Cagney. It's a bee. Cagney's expression says he doesn't like her. I decide to try and remain neutral.

"Oh hey sugar~" is she... Is she flirting with him?!

Maybe it's a joke.

"Oh hey Marie Antoinette when's the uprising?" He snaps back rather quick.

She smiles "there's no way they can uprise toots. So who's this? Is he another one of your dolls to use?"

"Unlike you I don't use people like that." He glares at her

She turns her attention towards me "hm...you know for a train worker you sure do look frail. You probably won't be used to your crew or cagney" she looks at Cagney "so how much are you paying for him?"

OK FUCK BEING NEUTRAL

Cagney opens his mouth  "You know if you weren't such a bitch to people maybe you too could have someone"

She smiles "oh so it's a romance? Those always disappoint friends too. Plus I can buy it if I want Mr thorny boi"

I speak up "yeah you can buy buy buy. But you don't treat people right. If you continue to do so people will only stick around when they have to. Who's gonna be there when you're dying? NO ONE! Because they're too scared to touch you. Hell some might smile as you die."

They both look at me. Shut was that too much? Cagney says something I don't hear. He holds his hand out for me. I grasp it

We find our way into a restaurant. We wait in line.  It takes about twenty minutes to get a table, Cagney fell asleep 3 times. He's a bit tired at the table. We order our food. Pasta for me and for him some rice thing. Sushy I think it's called.

"Sorry about rumor. She's a total bitch" he smiles

"It's alright. Was she always that way?"

He shakes his head. "We used to be very close friends but she kinda went off the rails. I couldn't stand her and I left. She wants to repair things but..."

I smile "what about bepi? He seems cool"

He laughs. "He's insane. A good guy just insane. I don't see him much tho. He's always busy"

A waitress drops a plate. Cagney covers his ears.

"Maybe you don't see him because of that" I say

"Of what? " he's confused

"The sounds at the carnival. He's also naturally loud" I point out

He smiles "alright you got me"

Our food arrives.

"Wait ghosts can eat?" He gives me an odd look

"Yup not a required thing. If you eat something it might remind you of your life before being a ghost, you get the memories" I eat some pasta

"That's kinda cool. So you could know about your life." He smiles

I grab the bread and take a bite I pause.

I'm on a train in a car... No it's cramped. A box? Something opens and I'm pulled out something is being shoved into my face. It's a bread roll. Two figures are panicking and trying to get me to eat. They look the same. One leaves and returns with water. Looking closer I know them. Its the twins.

"You ok?" Cagney's voice pulls be back into the real world

"Yeah...Just..." I still try to process things

He looks worried "what happened? You good?"

I give a shitty smile "memory thing"

"Good or bad?" He's curious

"I don't know. I can't tell" I look down

"Wanna talk about it?" He would probably hold me if there wasn't a table in the way.

"Yeah I probably should huh?"

He cuts me off "you don't have to if you don't wanna!"

"It's fine" I need to keep him here so he won't get himself killed.

"Spec..." He sighs "alright"

"Someone was trying to feed me something. Like they were trying to force me to eat" I explain

He thinks for a moment "you were probably weak then. They had to build up your strength"

He has a point. That seems logical.

I continue to eat. This tastes pretty good, but to be fair I haven't had food since... I don't know actually. He giggles. I look up

"Huh! Oh s-sorry!" He laughs again "you're like a kid when you're eating. Well not as messy..."

I smile. Our eyes meet. I zone out. I'm blushing. Everything around us turns into a blur.

No.

Please no.

Did they change?

Why is it the same?

I can't do anything now.

It's gonna happen.

Isn't it?

Cagney...

Please I'm begging you.

I don't want you getting hurt.

Please don't go.

((Notes from the Creator.

Hi guys! I was gonna have this out last night but I kinda fell asleep and I got busy today. I felt bad for not updating for like a week so I figured I do a double update.