aw

Spec's POV:

I watch Cagney fall asleep. He looks so cute when he's resting. I rub his hair. It's so fluffy. He's smiling in his sleep. There's no vines Ethier. He must be sleeping well.

I find myself lost in thought.

"It's tragic"

"Those poor teens"

"So irresponsible"

"I heard they were torn to shreds"

"I dare you to go into those woods"

"What Woods?"

"The beast's woods of course. "

"Were they eaten by animals?"

"It's unlike anything ice ever seen"

"I... It... Blood... Flesh...it was massive"

"No one will look into the case."

"Stay away from those woods"

I always heard the riders talking about that sort of thing awhile back. I took care of luggage so I'd only stick around for parts of the conversation. Nowadays I'm a breakman who keeps the loads in check.

Teens would enter some woods in an isle. They wouldn't return home. From what I heard their bodies were made aged an unrecognizable. Only the clothes left torn up from the attack could identify the remains. They should've been turned into ghosts after their deaths but I haven't seen any teenage ghosts.

The cops stopped looking into the case. It was too much for them to handle. The killer was never caught. Most thought it was wild animals or the work of the devil. I wonder if that shooter had something to do with it. I could go investigate those woods. I can't die and I don't think I've ever been there. According to reports it's in isle one near the dice house and...

That's...

Isn't that where...

"Hmn? Spec?" He yawns

Cagney woke up. He looks at me after rubbing his eyes.

"Its late. What's wrong? Having trouble sleeping?" He asks

"Yeah pretty much." I admit

"What's on your mind?" He asks

I can't...
Sorry...
I can't tell you...
Because...
Because well...

I change the topic. First thing I can tell him... Uh um!

"I know I can become solid for some moments of time. I can also feel things but-" I try to find my words

"Don't stress yourself babe. It's gonna be ok. We'll figure it out ok?" He smiles "If you wanna expirement we can tomorrow if you're still up for it.'

Did we just-

"Well anyway-" he's caught off guard

The eyes start to glow yellow. He's seeing another premonition. Why so many? I don't know if I should snap him out of it or not.

He holds me tightly. He's shaky. He's mumbling something. Thorny vines are growing rapidly. I free myself from his grip. I grab his shoulders and shake him.

"Cagney! H-hey wake up!" I try to not shout.

He snaps out if it with a gasp. He frantically looks around and then sits up. He catches his breath.

"Are you alright?" I ask

He nods and gets up "I'm fine"

He walks across the room and reaches under the dresser. He shuffles around and grabs something. As he walks back I notice it's moonshine.

Cagney isn't that illegal?
Not that anyone listens to that law...

He opens it up and looks at me

"Want some?" He asks

I grab the bottle and set it next to the food.

"You're gonna get hung over." I tell him

I grab one of the food bags and hand it to him. He grabs some fries and passes the bag back to me. I put it on the dresser.

I look at him. He's zoned out mindlessly munching on fries. Whatever he saw wasn't good. I don't think I should ask him about it.

He leans on me. I look at him.

"Cuddles?" I ask already knowing the answer

He lays on me.

"Spec... Have you ever seen the past with the eyes?" He asks

I think for a moment.

"No... Why?" I ask

"I saw some stuff I thought I'd forgotten about... Memories I don't want... Bad ones...that's all" he carefully explains.

He seems to not wanna go into detail. That's fine.

"It's ok. That's in the past. We're in the here and now." I comfort him.

He seems worried but I watch him sleep. I decide to as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We got screwed out of so many contracts."

"Traitors..."

"What do we do?"

"Those cups are the issue. We gotta make sure they can't fight"

"How the hell are we gonna do that?! They can come back from death!"

"Hm..."

“we'll figure it out I'm sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jamie here: while writing the part where spec wakes up Cagney my mind went:

CAGNEY WAKE UP!!!

I DON'T LIKE THIS

CAGNEY WAKE UP