Code 02

⚠︎︎

Hyunjin managed to sneak out of the academy without being seen in a swift and silent pace. Meanwhile Felix was currently in his room making magical snowflakes, feeling dreadfully bored.

He was accompanied by his brother, Han. Though it did not seem he was making any sort of communication with his younger sibling.

(For the sake of this story, Han is 1 year older than Felix)

"I heard you had you came across Hyunjin, how'd that go?" He questioned, slumping himself next to Felix on his bed. "Lemme guess, Changbin said something." Han didn't answer, and that was more than enough of an answer for Felix. "it's not even that serious and yet you guys are so fascinated by it."
Felix responded, lazily throwing himself off of his bed. He made his way to the jacket rack next to his door, Han growing curious. "Where are you going?"

"About to go throw myself in the lake outside, got a problem with that?" Han shrugged, "Just don't drown lixie." He teased. Felix lazily rolled his eyes before taking his leave from the room.

God he needed a break even if for a mere couple of minutes to a hour.

⚠︎︎

Hyunjin galloped his way on the rocks landed down in the middle of the lake, making sure he didn't slip. God he hated water, but no more than ice. But it was a constant annoyance knowing he was surrounded by it everywhere. But overtime, he finally reached his desired destination.

His face was smiling from ear to ear when he recognized a familiar brown haired individual drawing inside his little handmade castle in the middle of nowhere, but what was only a couple of minutes away from the Hwang family premises.

The little kid turned towards Hyunjin before running up to him, catching him in a hug. "Did they see you?" Ni-Ki asked. A slight bit of worry overclouding his voice. Hyunjin shook his No before asking the same, "You?" Ni-ki shook his head but more aggressively before getting distracted by his playful side. Hyunjin shortly chuckled at his little brothers actions.

"Yeji couldn't come because she has to tutor someone but she told me to bring you this." Hyunjin walked up to ni-ki and opened his arms wide, engulfing the younger in a warm and tight embrace. "She said she's sorry but she will be here next Friday, maybe even Saturday if my mom and dad allow us to come to the house for a bit." Ni-Ki grew excited from
Those words. "Oh I hope! It's been so long since we had a family dinner, I miss our whole family thing." Ni-ki said, a slight pout coming across.

There was a short silence until Hyunjin broke it off, "Well minus that, I brought your favorite~" It wasn't even shown yet and ni-ki had the brightest smile. Hyunjin revealed the container and was easily taken aback when the container was suddenly gone from his grasp. "Make sure you eat all of those here but not too fast, wouldn't want mom and dad getting mad at me and you gaining a stomach ache." Ni-ki nodded before going back to opening his desired fruits.

Hyunjin would have to leave soon but for the time being, he wanted to enjoy this time with his younger brother.

⚠︎︎

Felix walked the forest with no current set destination in mind. He just wanted to have a moment to think to himself. But it was hard when one specific individual was clouding it drastically.

Hyunjin.

He would remember clearly when he and Hyunjin would go play outside by the lake next to their houses and experiment with their powers. He even recalls yelling at Hyunjin to not use his powers in the middle of the forest because it could lead to so much disaster. But that was the start of a depression they were both put through when they went from best friends to strangers so unexpectedly.

Felix didn't know what happened since his parents would never tell him. All he knew was that one day he woke up to the news that him and his family would be moving away and that Felix would be going to a academy the next year to experiment more on his powers to help control them. He had excepted to at least see his friend one last time before they left, but he didn't. That was the last time he saw Hyunjin.

Until he appeared at the academy the next year, but completely distanced himself from the younger. It's been almost 5 years now and that was the one time he and Hyunjin had spoken since they were kids. And god did Felix miss his voice, ever when he heard it during some of the day when he was talking to his friends or answering a question in class.

It was nice, even when Hyunjin was desperately trying to get out of his sight. "Felix?" Felix shook himself out his thought process when he recognized that familiar voice. "Y- Yeji? W- what are you doing here?"

"Oh I just got down tutoring with Ryujin, it was a pain knowing her powers are very hard to resist but I managed to make it through." Yeji explained, walking up to Felix. But Felix felt a little nervous standing next to the sister of Hyunjin.

"A- are you sure we should be talking right now Yeji? I- I don't want you to get in any sort of danger or troubl—" "Aish, it's alright Felix. I don't care what my family has to say about you, you were also my friend when we were kids. It's not my place to speak about Hyunjin but I'm completely fine with you being around." Felix softly smiled, he and Yeji were friends previously but he just assumed that she wouldn't want him around knowing her younger brother basically despised him.

"That's a relief... really... I just... I just wish there were something I could do to fix our friendship again. I know it's been 5 years so it's probably pointless at this point, but I'm just that stubborn to fix it." Yeji sighed loudly, feeling sympathy for the younger as he mourned over her younger brothers broken friendship.

"I'm going to tell you something but you can't speak on it. It might help fix your situation or at least explain the situation to you in a more clearer way." Yeji announced, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Felix's interest was now peeked from the sudden reveal she wanted to confess. "O- ok." He responded, gulping nervously.

"It's because of my famil—" "YEJI!" A sharp individual exclaimed from behind Felix. Making Yeji stop in her words to turn to see who was causing a scene. Her eyes widened when she came to terms who it was, "H- Hyunjin?" She asked feeling surprised. Hyunjin approached Yeji from behind Felix, gripping onto her forearm before dragging her away.

Felix froze, one second he was taking to hyunjins sister. Then next she was going to tell him important info, then next minute she was being dragged away by her brother. "Sorry Felix I'll tell you later!" Yeji made sure of; making Hyunjin tight his grip onto the older even stronger.

⚠︎︎

"Are you kidding me Yej? You missed out on time with ni-ki to go talk to him? What were you even going to tell him anyways. You know we're not to speak to his kind." Yeji scoffed. "First off Dumbass, I was tutoring Ryujin like I said I would, and I came across Felix. Whatever I have to say to him is absolutely none of your concern and whatever mom and dad said about Felix to you is straight up bullshit. They're people who have ice and water for powers, that's not the biggest and most Cruel ness thing in the world Hyunjin." Yeji spat, leaving Hyunjin in a daze of his thought process.

"Whatever Yej, just be more cautious next time."

"There's nothing to be cautious about Hyunjin.l"

I am so so sorry for the late update :(