Chapter 13

As we walked into the room, Johnny was sitting on a white couch waiting. Angel was there as well. There were two white couches and a table with some bowls of lollies on them.

It seemed like a setup for a T.V show. It looked like a normal room for the parts that the cameras would film, and the rest looked how you would imagine backstage would look like.

As we walked in, Johnny turned to look at us. ‘There they are. Hey boys, how are you all?’

‘Excited, happy, pumped,’ Zach started.

Johnny sat up and put out his hand for me to shake.

‘Hi, you must be Maddy I’ve h-‘

‘Heard so much about you,’ I cut him off before he could finish.

‘I guess you’ve heard people say that a bit today,’ Johnny chuckled. 

‘Just a tad,’ I responded, smiling.

Everyone took a seat but I wasn’t sure if I was allowed to be in this.

‘Am I allowed to take a seat or should I go sit over there?’ I asked Johnny. He looked back at me surprised.

‘You’re happy to go on stage but when it comes too backstage you get scared?’

‘No, I just. I don’t know. I just wasn’t sure if I was allowed to be in it or not,’ I said taking a seat next to Julian. 

‘We’re rolling in 5, 4, 3, 2, and go,’ the camera man counted down.

Everyone turned to the camera.

‘Hey guys, we’re here backstage with The Collective, and today we have a special guest. Maddy, glad you join us,’ Johnny smiled, passing me a mic.

‘Glad to be here. See I used a mic the first time, proud of me?’ I laughed and everyone else joined in.

‘Very,’ Johnny replied, ‘How do you think the boys went tonight?’

‘Honestly, it was amazing, and I think that it was so nice and cute that a fan chose it for them,’ I replied smiling at them. Julian moved in closer to me.

‘How about you Julian, how do you think you went?’ I passed him the mic. 

‘I think that we did well. The judges’ comments were really good and the crowd liked it so I guess it must have been good,’ Julian explained.

Johnny continued to ask them questions. About half way through, you forget the cameras are even there and it just feels like you’re just chilling with some friends.