Chapter 1

The Collective, that's all he cares about anymore.

I'd just gotten a call from my "best friend" Will.

We were supposed to be meeting up today and he was going to introduce me to his new band mates, but no! Of course rehursals were running late again. This is the 5th time he has blown me off for his band in a month. I haven't seen him in so long. The last time I saw him was the morning he found out he was in the stupid band.

Will has always been a music freak. In year 7 he started rapping and playing piano, but he has been singing for as long as anyone can remember. We used to make music together. I was the guitarist and he was the singer/rapper.

'Well that ruins my plans,' I mutter to myself.

'Will can't make it huh?' My mum must have been listening.

'He never has time anymore! He is always bonding with his new friends or rehursing with them.'

Will auditioned for a singing show this year. he was devasted when he didnt make the cut. Then he got a call back. Turned out they wanted to put him in a boy band. He hasn't even introduced me to the rest of the members yet. Sure, I'd seen them on T.V and i talked to one of them on Twitter sometimes, but that's it. I had trouble with the thought of not having him around. I'm not really poular, actually the opposite. I tend to get bullied alot, I try to not let it get to me, but sometimes it's all a bit to much for me. That's when I need Will around. He always knows what to say to cheer me up.

'A true friendship lasts no matter how long you go without each other.' My mum always responds with the same old saying when Will blows me off.

'Mum he hasn't bothered to come and see me in like a month! He has had the time; he could have invited me to the movies or something when he went with the boys, but no. It honestly feels like he is ashamed to be seen with me now that he is famous and all.' Those words were harsh, but true.

'I'm sure he is just caught up a bit in what is happening, you know this has always been his dream. He just needs to figure out what he wants right now and what is happening.'

I stormed off upstairs. I just wanted to be alone right now.

We were supposed to be going out for lunch in the city, but hey that's fine!

'Cause you know, I would rather study anyway. 

So now I guess I'll just hang out with my science book instead. 'Look at that, sitting on my desk rather than chasing off with all of my other text books.'

it was no use. I couldn't study with all of this anger in my body. I pick up my guitar and sit on my bed and just start strumming. A few hours pass but I just keep on playing, past the point of bleeding fingers.My strings had a bit of blood on them. I grabbed a wipe from my bedside table and cleaned them. I always have wipes next to my bed for that reasson.

The pain of the playing guitar hours on end sometimes numbed the other pains. A guitar was my Panadol.