Chapter 8

Sunday was pretty much uneventful. Texted Julian some more. Lazed around the house and just hung out with mum. I went on to twitter to find that Julian had made a new tweet ‘going to hang out with @True_Collector_ tomorrow before the show :D can’t wait!’ Honestly could he get any more adorable? I favourite it, retweeted it and commented: <3 can’t wait!

I woke up early on Monday excited for the events that lay ahead. I took extra time making sure my make-up and hair was perfect. Not that it would really matter because it would probably just get destroyed at school.

I think I may have gotten up a bit too early. I’d been ready for almost half an hour and still had another till I had to leave. I decide what to wear for tonight and chucked it into my bag. I decided on my new brown low cut boots and my favourite dress. It had black buttons leading to a black collar on the top half, with white lace, and a nice black material for the bottom half.  I sat on my bed waiting for time to pass. I would play some guitar but after what happened yesterday, I could barely pick up my phone without crying out in pain. Just then my phone vibrated. Any guesses as to whom this text is from?

1 new message from Julian: ‘Hey I was thinking, rather than going to the park, do you wanna come back to the house and I’ll introduce you to everyone?’

‘That sounds amazing. Today is going to be the slowest day at school ever! :(‘

Luckily you only need thumbs to text. I looked at my guitar and sighed.

I was going to audition with Will this year, but we decided to go separately, so I’m going to audition next year. The reason we decided not to go together is because we couldn’t stand the thought of going head to head. There would be too much tension. I would hate to lose Will because of a competition. Too bad it almost happened anyway.

After 10 minutes of sitting around thinking about what is going to happen today, it was finally time to leave. With a quick look in my mirror, to make sure nothing was out of place, I walk down stairs, grab my phone and I’m out the door. I lock it on my way out. It only takes me about 15 minutes to walk to school. I grab my phone and headphones out of my pocket and plug the headphones in and put on some Emeli Sande. 

I’ve only got another year of school left. I can’t wait to get out of that hole!

I was never really the “popular” one at school. I don’t usually get along with the girls from my school. They like to talk about me behind my back a lot. Quite a few rumours have spread around about me.

Apparently I’m lesbian, I do marijuana, I did a guy in a public toilet. A tear escapes my eyes as I think of everything everyone has ever said to me.

Will was always the perfect one. In year 7 and 8, the girls were all over him, but he wasn’t ready for a girlfriend yet. He would rather be their best friend rather than their boyfriend. People could never believe that he wanted to be my friend. The teasing started towards the end of year 8 when people discovered that Will wasn’t going to be there to protect me anymore.

As I walked into the school gates, I unplugged my headphones and chucked them in my bag. I walked across the school yard, heading for my next class. Watching everyone get greeted by their friends as they walked in, it hurt that there wasn’t anyone there for me.

I arrived to class just before the bell rang.