Chapter 7

I opened my wardrobe. I grabbed out the first thing I saw and chucked it on, just a simple top and a pair of black jeans. I walked over to my desk and looked in the mirror. The skin under my eyes had gone red and puffy, my eyes had gone bright green from the tears and to top it off, my whole face was red and blotchy. ‘Too bad,’ I told my reflection. I put on some eyeliner, mascara and foundation to cover up my blotchy skin. There wasn’t much I could do about my eyes. I actually wish my eyes were naturally the bright green colour they go when I cry. The only bad part is the red.

I grabbed my bag and slipped on my shoes and walked down stairs.

‘I’m ready,’ I called out to Will. He walked towards the door.

‘You do realise that if you tell anyone that I cried today, I will kill you,’ Will threatened.

‘You have my word,’ I laughed. I don’t understand why guys always try to hide their sensitive side. I think it’s cute when a guy cries.

As I sip the last bit of coffee left in the cup, the waiter walks up to us with the bill. I grab my purse out to pay, but Will stops me.

‘I’ll pay,’ he insisted. Well hey, if he was offering, not gonna argue with that. As Will pays the waiter, I grab my bag and stand up. 

‘Great. So next up is the movies,’ Will said as the waiter walked off.

We’d decided to see a new movie called Don’t Forget. It’s a Rom-Com. I don’t really know what it’s about, but there were a lot of people in the cinema so it must have good reviews.

I took a seat in the second back row, only because the whole back row had been filled up. Will took his seat next to me.

As the previews ended and the lights dimmed, the people behind us finally went quiet.

About half way through the movie, they eventually ran out of popcorn to throw at people. I was finally able to settle in properly. My head rested gently on Will’s shoulder and he leant his head on top of mine.

When I arrived home, mums car was in the drive way.

I gave Will a hug and thanked him.

‘Anytime you’re feeling down, just give me a call and I’ll be there as soon as I can,’ Will promised.

‘Alright, thanks Will. Tell the boys I’m sorry for keeping you away all day.’

Will chuckled as he walked down the porch steps.

‘I don’t think they’ll mind to much, they’ve kept me away from you for long enough,’ Will reminded me, as he walked down my drive way.

As he turned into the street, I walked inside. 

‘Hey mum,’ I yelled out.

‘Hiya. Did you go for a run?’

I walked into the lounge room where she was sitting. ‘Nah, me and Will caught up. Mum, thank you so much for calling up Will and asking him to come over yesterday.’

‘I could see how much you were missing him. You needed it. Speaking of boys, who is that Julian guy, I saw you with?’ Mum looked excited. Mum must have walked past and seen us on the couch together last night.

‘He’s in Will’s band. He’s so adorable,’ I started telling mum, taking a seat on the couch next to her, ‘he has an amazing laugh and is really funny. You may get to meet him on Monday, we’ve been invited to go see the live show.’

‘Sorry darling but on Monday I have a late shift, I won’t be able to make it. You’ll have to go without me. Sorry,’ mum apologized. Mum is a nurse and her shift times change. ‘That’s alright. I’ll just give Will the ticket back.’ I got back up and walked into the hall way and up the stairs. I walked into my room and sat down at my desk.

My intentions were to finish off the homework I didn’t get to do yesterday, but when you’ve got your laptop sitting right in front of you, with Facebook and Twitter up, it’s hard to stay focused.