chapter 27

I didn't want to read them, read all the horrible thoughts everyone had about me.

All the hate.

The boys were all talking and paid no attention as the phone laid flat in my hand.

It would vibrate every few seconds.

As it recieved each new message, it felt like the phone just got heavier and heavier in my small, pale hands.

I started getting curios. with a swish slide along the screen, I unlocked it.

The first thing I saw was a picture of me and Julian as my background.

Then I looked down at my messages.

I held my thumb over the little icon, hesitating before pressing it.

And with a small force, my thumb met the screen and opened up my messages, opened up a world of hate and misery.

I opened the first message I saw, it read.

"Do you think you can just charge in and take him? Hell no bitch! I fucking saw him first so fuck off!" I winced at the harsh words.

How could someone I had never even met have so much hate towards me.

Just as I went to open another message, Julians gaze met my phone.

He slid his hand ontop of mine.

I looked up at him, his eyes were filled with worry and pity.

"We'll get you a new number when we get let out," he whispered softly, for only me to hear.

He pressed the button on the side of my phone, turning it off and slipped it out of my hands and placed it on the bedside table.

"We have to go on the hangover! I heard it's the best one of them all," I heard Zach speak as I started listening to their conversation.

"Nah man, the spooky house is meant to be sick," Will added.

"What are you guys going on about now?" I asked them.

"When we go to the Melbourne Show," Trent answered.

"What?"

"We're going to perform there next weekend, we're leaving on Friday, coming back Sunday."

"Oh," was all I was able to respond with. Julian had never mentioned a trip to Melbourne.

Maybe he was about to tell me.

Or maybe they only just found out, yeah that must be it.

There was a knock at the door and a doctor walked in.

Julian sat up and slid off the bed as the doctor came over to the bed.

He took a look at the clipboard at the end of my bed and wrote down a few things on it once he checked a few of themachines hooked to my body with different tubes.

He pulled all of them out.

"Alright Ms Sherring, you are free to go, just try not to get knocked on the head, and don't go to sleep for a couple of hours. Have a nice day." And with that, he walked out the door, closing it behind him.

"Weeeww, c'mon Maddy, time ta go," Will spoke.

I sat up slowly, knowing that if I sat up to quickly I would lose my sight for a few seconds.

Once up I grabbed my bag that was next to the bed and chucked my phone into it.

"Would you guys be able to give me a lift home?" I asked Zach. He was the oldest and the one who usually drove then around.

"There's no need for that," a new voice stated.

I spun around to see my mum in the door way.

She didn't look to happy.

"Umm, we'll just wait outside," Will awkwardly spoke. As he walked past my mum and out the door, the others followed him out awkwardly.

"What were you thinking? You knew you were grounded! You were lucky this time! Something much worse could have happened to you! What's happened to you? You used to tell me everything! You used to be mummies little girl, noe you're going behind my back to go to you're boyfriends concert?" She spat furiously.

Her eyebrows were scrunched and her eyes were wide with fury.

"I'm sorry mum, I guess I just wasn't thinking," I whispered quietly, trying not to anger her anymore.

"We'll speak more of this when we get home, I have to go back to work. I want you to go straight home, you hear me?"

"Yes mum." And with that she stormed out the door.

I grabbed my bag, took a deep breath and walked out.

Four heads turned towards me as I walked through the door way.

"Are you all good?" Will asked, concern filling his face.

"Just peachy. Would I still be able to get that lift?"

"Yeah, no worries, lets go."