Chapter 3

'Maddy, these are the boys. This is Trent.' He points to a tall, strong man. I'd say he was around 20, 25. He was one of the main soloists, other than Will, I had learnt from watching their performances on T.V. They all looked different when they weren't under the spot lights, wearing all that make-up.

'Hi, good to finally meet you,' I said streching out my hand. He shook it.

'Hey, good to meet you to. Will talks about you all the time, it's crazy!' Trent responded.

'Haha does he know?' I asked, turning towards Will. He started to blush a little which was cute. 'All the time!' They all responded.

'Now I know why, how could he not? When his best friend is as pretty as you. I'm Zach.' Zach looked like a ladies' man. He was roughly Will's height, strong build, but it was his smile and eyes that made it all work.

Everyone started laughing, including my mum, who was in the kitchen

'Oh wow, how will I beat that introduction? I'm Jayden.' Jayden seemed to be the short one of the group.

'Hey. You're the one I talk to on Twitter sometimes yeah?'

'Yep that's me'

'And this is Julian.' Will gestured over to him. He was the one who waited for me outside.

He was looking at the ground biting his lip. When he looked up, my heart started pounding. He gave me a crooked smile. I love the way his light up when he smiled. We just stood there for a while, until he finally broke the silence. He started laughing. 'Hey there.'

I came back into reality, 'Hey, I'm Maddy,' I responded.

'So I've heard. It's great to finally meet you.'

I smiled back at him. I turned to look at the others. 'Well, I hope there is enough meet pie's to go around cause it ain't the best weather to go out.' Will led the others into the kitchen. Julian waited for me, holding the door open.

'Ladies first,' he smiled sweetly. I could feel my cheeks burning; hopefully my make-up was hiding the evidence though.

'Thanks,' I responded. I smiled and he smiled back. I could hear my heart start to race. His smile was perfect! As I walked into the kitchen, the boys were all sitting down chomping away.

'Feel free to help yourself to some meat pies, it seems the others did,' I offered to Julian.

'I would ask you to sit down next to me Maddy, but I don't know, Julian might get a bit jealous,' Will laughed. Julian punched him on his way over to the bench.

'Don't worry Will, no one could ever replace our relationship,' I said mockingly, sitting down next to him.

'Could someone please pass me my pie?'

Zach passed it over with his meat pie in one hand, shoveling it into his mouth.

'Wow, I'm surprised you haven't eaten it already!' Zach looked up from his plate and smiled. As I reached for my pie, Will grabbed my hand and looked at it. I quickly took it away. Everyone was to focused on their pies to notice what had just happened.

'Been playing guitar,' he said, trying to hide his pain with a smile. He knew that he was the reason for the cuts on my finger tips.

'I'm sorry,' he whispered, so that only I could hear.

'So guys, tell me, what's it like being in a band?

'Oh god, you sound just like a reporter,' Jayden chuckled and everyone laughed.

'It's so good to be up on the stage and know that there are these guys to catch you if you fall,' Trent replied.

'We have a spare backstage pass if you want to come see the show on Monday?' Will offered.

'Sounds like a plan.'

The conversation kept on going. Julian has a good sense of humour and an amazing laugh.