Chapter 14

We finished dinner and were now sitting on couch back at the house. I checked my phone and logged onto twitter. 

‘Oh my god!’ I yelled as my hand flew to my mouth. 

‘What’s wrong?’ Julian asked who was sitting next to me. I looked over to him in astonishment and he looked really concerned. I love the way his eyebrows scrunch up when he frowns. 

I passed him my phone and I watched as his eyes widened. For the worldwide trends, top trend is #JulianAndMaddy.  

‘Looks like you don’t need to worry about the fans not liking you,’ Julian said smiling. He passed me my phone back and I just stared at it for a while. I screen shotted it and tweeted it. 

‘<3 thanks guys, feel part of the X Factor family already.’ 

I also had another thousand followers.

Julian put his hand on my thigh and I put mine on top of his as I turned to him and he smiled. I put my head on his shoulder and he rested his head on top of mine. 

I don’t actually know what we were watching, some show about crocodiles or something; I wasn’t really paying much attention. 

‘Do you just want to stay here tonight and I’ll take you to school tomorrow?’

I liked the sound of that, spending the whole night with Julian. 

‘I’ll tell mum that I’m crashing at a friend’s house,’ I knew my mum wouldn’t like the thought of me spending a night with Julian. 

‘Oh naughty naughty, you’re not planning on lying to your dear mother are you?’ Julian laughed. 

‘Not really, Will is a friend isn’t he? And he lives here, so I am staying at a friend’s house,’ I explained as Julian laughed. 

After I told my mum that I wasn’t coming home, Julian led me back into the bedroom. 

I wandered over to where I had left my bag, and chucked my phone it. As I stood up, I felt Julian’s soft lips on my neck. 

I closed my eyes and Julian turned me around. 

I put my hands on his shoulders and stood on my tip toes as his lips met mine. He pulled back and looked at me. He frowned. 

‘What’s wrong?’ I started to get a little bit worried.

‘I just don’t understand how I got you. How you decided to pick me,’ he looked a bit disconnected, like he was off in his own world. He stared off into space for a while, and then snapped back. He kissed me on the nose and walked over to the T.V. He put a movie on. 

‘Before it starts, I’m just going to go get changed and brush my teeth.’

I grabbed my toothbrush, singlet and trackies out of my bag.

‘Oh so you just knew you were going to stay huh?’ Julian raised an eyebrow.

‘I hoped,’ I confessed, with a cheeky smile. Julian laughed. 

‘I’ll be right back.’ I walked out of the room and into the hall way. 

As I walked back into the room, Julian was sitting on his bed with his guitar. I stood in the door way for a while, while he played a song. 

He was playing a nice slow song. I think I recognised the song, maybe Sara by Ed Sherran? His smooth soft voice filled my ears. 

I got shivers up my spine as he sung to himself in his own little world.  

As the song finished, I walked into the room ‘Should I be jealous of this Sara girl?’

He quickly looked up. ‘I didn’t realise you were listening. How long have you been there for?’ He looked like he had just been caught stealing or something.

‘I came in about half way through.’ I made my way across the room and over to the bed. I took a seat next to him. 

‘Why didn’t you tell me you could play like that? You should play a song like that for one of your performances.’ He looked down at his hands that were intertwining themselves. 

‘I don’t like playing in front of people, it’s just not the type of music I’m used to playing in front of others,’ he confessed without looking up from his hands.

‘Tomorrow you are showing Ronan that song and you are going to play it for the performance next Monday,’ I instructed him. 

He finally looked up from his hands. He gave me a half smile but his eyes didn’t light up this time like they usually did.

‘I just, I don’t like playing in front of others. It’s easy to sing pop songs because you just sing them, but with songs like Sara, I don’t know,’ he tried to explain. I could see he was struggling for words. 

‘It’s hard to let people in because you’re scared that they won’t understand you and they’ll judge you. Scared that once they see who you really are, they won’t want what you are, so you only show them the part of you that you know they will like,’ I explained, looking at the ground. 

‘Exactly! You explain things so much better.’ 

‘Haha, not sure about that. Don’t worry about it, if you show them, they won’t reject you. I’m sure of it. Now, how about that movie?’ Julian stood up and walked over to the DVD player. 

I laid back on his bed as he joined me. He went behind me and put his arm around my stomach. 

His legs wrapped around mine and the movie started. I don’t know what we were actually watching. It was a romantic story about a girl who fell in love with her best-friend then found out she had cancer.

About half way through the movie, I must have fallen asleep. 

I woke up in the middle of the night shivering.

 The T.V was off and Julian was on the other side of the bed. He wasn’t asleep yet. 

He saw me shivering and moved in closer. He wrapped his arms around me. 

I could feel the heat radiating off his body. He had taken his top off and his bare skin was so smooth and flawless.  

‘You’re so beautiful,’ he whispered.

I closed my eyes and snuggled into his chest. The sound of his heart beat sent me off to sleep.