Chapter 19

Will had stayed in hospital longer than expected. He got let out two days later. It had been decided that this week, they would have to perform without Will because the doctor said that he wasn’t able to perform.

All the boys were really nervous, scared that it wouldn’t be good enough without Will. I knew they could make it.

It didn’t matter if Will wasn’t in it this one time. All their fans would still be there supporting them.

Mum got really angry that I hadn’t told her that I missed school and I got in a lot of trouble from the principal.

Me and mum had to have a meeting with him and they agreed that as punishment, I would be suspended for 3 days, with homework. Mum also decided to ground me for 2 weeks.

When I told Julian that I couldn’t see him for 2 weeks, he was devastated. I had to tell him over the phone.

‘Hey Jules.’

‘Hey bub what’s up? How did that meeting go?’

‘Not very well, I’m suspended for 3 days and I’m not going to be able to see you for 2 weeks because I’m grounded.’

‘WHAT? No, no, no, no, no, no, that can’t be! You just went to go see a friend in hospital!’

‘Yeah I know, I tried explaining it to mum, but she didn’t care, she wouldn’t listen.’

‘Wait two seconds.’ He went silent for a while.

‘Tonight,’ he said.

‘What about it?’

‘I’ll be outside your window, I’m taking you out on our first official date,’ he explained.

‘Are you crazy? My mum will go crazy if she finds out,’ I whispered, scared mum would hear me, even though she was downstairs.

‘She won’t find out. Just pretend to be really angry at her, and if she tries to talk to you through your locked bedroom door, she’ll just think that you’re giving her the silent treatment.’

‘I don’t know.’

‘Trust me.’ I sat there and thought about it for a while. I was already grounded, what else could she do?

‘Alright, what time?’

‘Yes! Alright I’ll come at around 8? Is that good?’

‘Yeah, do you know which one my room is from the outside? It’s the on the left side of the house, on the top floor. I’ll hang something out my window or something so you know it’s mine.’

‘Alright, I’ll see you then. Bye bub.’ I smiled as he called me bub.

‘Bye, see you soon. We really have to think of a nickname I can call you.’

‘Aha, we’ll think of one, bye.’

I hanged up and threw my phone on my bed.