Chapter 20:

I peeked in to say bye to Mom and she was on the phone. She blew me a kiss and mouthed that she'd talk to me later.

I seen Debbie leaving and told her I'd see her tomorrow. She asked if I wanted to get a ride home. It had gotten more windy and the temperature had dropped quite a bit. We must be starting to finally get some Winter weather. I told her that would be great.

She dropped me off and I walked in the house. I had to turn the heat on because it had gotten cold and we hadn't been having to use the heat.

The omelette had wore off finally and I was starving. I grabbed the left over turkey and sweet potatoes out of the fridge to heat up and checked my phone for messages. I hadn't checked in a while, since I was talking to Mason. I read my messages while I ate a bite of my turkey sandwich. I had one from Reni:

Hey girlie, I tried to call and you didn't answer. Hope everything is good. Text me back when you get a chance.

Then I had one from Gretchen:

Did you see my post about me and Ashton???  I quickly responded back to her, because I knew she wouldn't call the second I hit send like Reni would.

Yay! Yes I did and I'm so happy for you! ❤️

I had one from my mom:

Thanks punkin, whatever you did, Mason is starting to come around. He even ordered some food so I could give him his medicine. XOXO

I texted her back: You're welcome Mom. I told him I'd come by tomorrow to see how he is.

Then I had another from a number I didn't recognize:

Hey Grace, it's Mason. Hope you don't mind, your mom gave me your number. Thanks for coming by today. I'll see you tomorrow.

Well of course she did. I laughed and shook my head. I finished my sandwich and programmed his number into my phone and decided to try and call Reni.

"Where have you been all day Gracie?" She said.

"Well I don't know if I told you this or not, but Mason James moved into the Life Engagement for his rehabilitation. He is going to need therapy for a bit and his dad and his stepmom decided to send him there. I visited my mom today and she was having a rough time with him, so I went and talked a little with him, trying to get him to calm down and listen to what everyone wanted him to do. I just got back a short while ago."

She just sat on the phone and didn't say anything. There was such a long pause I had to ask her if she was still there.

"Yeah, I'm here. I just pictured the night of the party and it made me pissed off again."

"Well," I said, "if it makes you feel any better, I told him how big of a jackass he was. "

"Yeah that does make me feel better!" She laughed and said. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"I told Mason I'd come and check on him. With you out of town and mom working all the time, and now with Gretchen being exclusive with Ashton, I didn't have anything else to do."

"I know, I can't believe it took Ashton that long to ask Gretchen to be his girlfriend." She said. "Tomorrow is Wednesday and we are supposed to leave around 9 or so in the morning, so I wanted to let you know I'd be back in town for sure on Thursday. And Daddy said you can come hang out a bit."

"Okay, cool. I miss you and I'm sure you have lots to tell me about Florida. Text me when you get back into town. Love ya!"

We hung up. I got into my PJs and I slipped under my brand new comforter. It was soft and smelled like laundry detergent. It didn't take me long to fall asleep.