Swords and Tension

Word count: 3914
HOUSE: Slytherin
YEAR: 6th

"You seem uncomfortable. Do I make you nervous, Harry?"

It is Thursday morning and everyone is gathered up in the great hall. It was time for Defense Against the Dark Arts with Snape, but he wasn't teaching in his usual classroom today.

The hall looked different. All the tables were gone and it was filled with blue mattresses.

"What's this?" Y/N asked Daphne.

Daphne initially didn't notice the change, but after a look around she replied, "I have absolutely no clue."

On the other side of the classroom, was the golden trio looking around just as confused.

"Maybe we are doing gymnastics," said Hermione confidently.

"Bloody hell Hermione. There is no way I'm doing that." Ron quickly added.

Hermione rolled her eyes, "you should really start working on your flexibility, Ronald. I read an article saying that being more flexible increases your life span by 10 years."

"Oh please. That's baloney." Ron argued.

"What do you think, Harry?" Hermione asked.

However, Harry seemed to not be paying attention to the conversation. He was fixated at the y/h/c haired Slytherin girl across the room.

He was admiring the way she was twirling a lock of her hair while laughing with her friends.

She looked over in Harry's direction and raised her eyebrows to greet him.

That initially scared him and he immediately turned red pretending to look somewhere else.

Harry's shyness was extremely amusing. She slightly chucked and continued her conversation.

As Hermione was about to say something, Professor Snape entered the room in the most dramatic way possible. He was swerving his cape all around thinking he's Superman.

"He's so dramatic," Y/N whispered in Theo's ear.

"Please. Dumbledore is way more dramatic." He addressed.

She started laughing, "Ummm. No way."

"Attention all students," Snape said loudly and all eyes turned to him. "today will be your first day of live combat class. Every move that I made you practice at home, will be performed today."

Everyone looked around in confusion, and obviously Hermione raised her hand, "excuse me professor."

He look at her in disgust, "yes, Ms. Granger."

Hermione proceeded, "why are we having combat class. Shouldn't we be learning new spells?"

Snape looked at her fiercely and replied, "Well Ms. Granger, you might not have your wand at all times. We are taking all precautions against the Dark Lord." he proceeded, "enough chit chatting, everyone partner up."

Ron had a lightbulb moment. He signaled his head to Y/N and Hermione took the hint. Both of them walked to a mat leaving Harry alone.

He looked around to both of them mouthing, "where are you going?", and when he looked forward, he got surprised. There she was, Y/N.

"Wanna be partners?" She asked with a smile.

He nervously rubbed his hands behind his neck, "Umm, sure."

She gently grabbed his arm and guided him to the mat.

"Ok. Everyone face each other." Snape ordered.