VII

„This is no time for your stupid jokes!" you scolded him. „And now show me the way! I wanna make this work out!"

Finally he moved a bit quicker and showed you the way through the huge building. Overall, it seemed pretty empty, only a few people were passing your way.

You liked the atmosphere around here. Somehow it seemed peaceful and calm.

„One last thing!" he said and stopped in front of a door. „The elders can be pretty disrespectful sometimes. Let's say we have a love-hate relationship."

He turned around and opened another button of your blouse with a smile on his face. „Just be confident."

With that he opened the door and walked backwards into the room.

„Satoru!" one of the two men spoke. „You are late! Again! How many times have I told you to be on time?!"

„Yeah, yeah!" he said, annoyed and took a step to the side to present you like his little pride and joy. „Gentleman! This is Y/N L/N!"

Uncomfortable, you smiled and bowed to show them respect. „It's a pleasure to meet you!"

As you fixed your posture, you felt a gentle touch on your lower back and Gojo guided you to sit down.

„She can leave! I don't accept her."

Just before you could have said anything to them, the oldest of the two men has destroyed all the confidence you had. Panic crawled through your body and you felt like throwing up.

What was it? Did you do something wrong? Why does he not accept you?

„Why so cranky? Did somebody skip their nap time?!" Satoru commented and placed his arm behind you as he leaned back.

You felt a slight touch on your shoulder. Somehow he managed to comfort you and a bit of your confidence returned. His thumb drew small circles on your shoulder and you took a deep breath.

You decided to just ignore the old man. Somehow he reminded you of the customers you had and this already made you lose respect for him.

„Let her talk first!" the other man spoke and leaned forward. „Nice to meet you, Y/N. I'm Master Yaga, the principal. Satoru has already told us a lot about you. And we already analyzed your folder and the information we have."

„I won't let someone like her sully our reputation with dirt. This makes us look like we are so desperate that we hire everybody!" the other one complained again.

Slowly you realized why he was so disrespectful.

With a chuckle you looked up to the ceiling and fixed your hair. „Ah, I understand."

„It's because I get my money from dirty work." you spoke and now looked at the old wrinkly man. „I get why you think I am not worth enough to become a sorcerer and a teacher. Being a stripper is not an honorable job to do, I know. I, myself, am also not very proud of it. And yet it kept me alive."

The man turned silent and looked at you.

„Since you probably got any information you can find about me, I believe you are already aware of my past life situation. I had no other option left besides getting into this business. But now you offer me a way out of my miserable state, which I am very thankful for."

You smiled to yourself. „I know this sounds very selfish since I see it as an opportunity to fix my life. But I can promise I am willing to do everything to help and protect the students. I have nothing to lose and my opinion on dying is neutral."

„How? You didn't even got a proper education, you stupid brat!" the old man spoke to you.

Before you could respond to him, Gojo got in your way. „Yeah, this is my part! I will take the time to explain and teach her everything she has to know. And about her abilities, I can promise there is no need to doubt her."