XXXII

„...it was toxic, Satoru..."

Breathing hurt. Every breath was loud and sounded choked. And that's what happened. The blood inside your mouth and throat has reacted and swelled up, choking you from the inside. A few blood droplets were dripping out of your mouth. Your vision darkened and your body sunk into Gojos gentle touch.

„Fuck..." he whispered and shook you a few times to wake you up but nothing happened. Your body stayed cold and without movement. He could hear your heart rate slowing down, only a shallow beat every few seconds. „Why are you so self destructive, Y/N?" he mumbled and slung his arms around you. Carefully, the gentlest Gojo has ever been, he picked you up bridal style and pulled you closer to his chest, keeping you safe. The red bladders changed its colors into a dark purple one and an undefined liquid started to quill out of them.

The finger in Gojos hand was a magnet that attracted every undefeated curse. Curses, all shapes and sizes, started to surround the two of you.

He inhaled and a soft smile formed on his lips. Gojos gaze lowered to your in pain resting face and he pulled you even closer, keeping you safe from the deadly monsters around you.
„A shame that you can't watch me how cool and awesome I am. But I promised to keep you safe." he mumbled into the crown of your head.

It only took him one kick and Gojo killed all ten curses that threatened you. He interwined his fingers and teleported you and him away. And a second later, he was standing in Shokos office.

With one elbow, he swooped everything that was in his way to the floor. „Shoko, please! You need to help her." he begged and placed you on the treatment table.

Immediately, the woman put her cigarette out and threw her white coat over her clothes. „Satoru, what happened?"

„She fought against a special curse that contained a cursed finger. Somehow there was some error in the information I got and there was some sort of fog that was toxic. I was told the fog only causes hallucinations." he explained in a rush and took a step aside to make room for Shoko.

„Yeah, she has severe blood poisoning."

„She was coughing blood and the purple bladders were red before. They changed color."

Shoko opened your mouth to look inside it with a flash light. She inhaled.

„Gojo, I can try but I can't promise." his long time friend mumbled and avoided his worried gaze. You must have inhaled so much smoke that it reacted in your body, making it rot from the inside. Your entire throat was covered in open wounds, your pretty face was puffy and swollen up and your body scratched open to your muscles.

Immediately, Shoko opened the buttons of the jacket of your uniform. The entire skin was dark, rotten from the poison. Gently, she placed her hands on your stomach and started to use her reversed cursed technique.

Gojo on the other hand was looking over Shokos shoulder from a distance and was nervously munching on his lips.

„I think I haven't seen you so bothered since the time Geto left. You really must like her. I really wonder why?" she chuckled and replaced her hands.

„Shut up and concentrate on healing her." he mumbled and walked over to sit on the couch. His leg was bouncing and he fidgeted with his fingers.

„Okay, lover boy."

For the first two minutes nothing happened. You were laying on the desk without any sign of movement or life. You weren't dead. Gojo could hear your heartbeat every other second. But it was anything else than steady.

„Satoru, I'm sorry but..."

„No keep going. She's not dead yet." he commanded and stood up. Carefully, he grabbed your wrist and placed two fingers to feel your puls. It was definitely there, he wasn't just imagining it.

Shoko inhaled and placed her hands right above your chest and lungs. Another minute passed and suddenly your chest raised, you took a deep breath and coughed a few times. The breath sounded choked and dragging, like you had liquid in your lungs. Jerky, you leaned to the side and threw up a bunch of dark blood on the floor, right next to Gojos feet. He immediately grabbed your hair with his other hand to keep it out of your face. „It's okay, I'm here."

„She must have healed on the inside rather than on the outside." Shoko said and started to prepare bandages and the rest of her utensils to treat you.

Gojo would never admit it but the moment you moved, the weight dropped off his shoulders and he was relieved. It would have broken his heart if he lost you already.

You groaned in pain and blinked a few times to adjust to the bright setting around you. The world was moving and your head was pulsing in pain. The poisoned blood left an awful taste in your mouth and you swallowed a few times, even though it hurt.

„Water..." you mumbled and both Shoko and Gojo instantly moved to get you some. A few seconds later, the man next to your side tried to hand you a white paper cup but your limbs were still paralyzed. Even if you wanted to, you couldn't raise your arms to grab the drink.

„Let me help you." Satoru moved and gently placed his free hand on the back of your neck. Carefully, he helped raising you up so that you were sitting and then grabbed your head to guide you to drink. Slowly, you took one sip after another. Swallowing was difficult and hurt, so you accidentally spilled the liquid over yourself a few times. The usual clear water has turned slightly pink after being mixed with your blood and run down your bare chest.

„Wait let me clean you up." he said and grabbed a paper towel. With care, he gently wiped the water off your body and cleaned you up. Your eyes were only half open but didn't leave him once. Concentrated, he was bitting his lower lip and wiped the towel around your cleavage.

„How are you feeling?" Shoko asked and gave you a blanket since you were shivering.

That was a good question. You were still standing under shock which caused everything to feel muffled. It felt like you were wrapped in cotton. As you looked down on yourself, you gasped slightly at your own sight. It was a wonder how you were alive. The pain was definitely there but you were still so out of touch with reality that you couldn't realize what's real and what's not. All you felt was Gojos gentle and cold touch on your back.

„Alive." you pressed out and coughed a few times.

A relived smile formed on Gojos lips and he help you lay down again.

„Are you going to take care of her? I have to talk to someone." Gojo asked Shoko and she nodded.

„Y/N, see you later. Rest well." gently he patted your head a few times. His finger slid down your arm and squeezed your hand afterwards.

„And by the way, you look pretty with blood all over yourself." Then he nodded towards Shoko and left the room.