XXXI

Am I gonna die?

The blood was dripping on your uniform, down your hands and if the brass knuckles weren't there, you would have already cut off your fingers. What should you do?

Your arm slowly lost its strength and you felt how the sharp edge of the glass started to put pressure on your chest.

Don't panic, don't panic!

You took a deep breath and tried to collect your last few working braincells. You needed to find a solution. You needed to get out, alive. Obviously, you knew it would be fucking whack if you die here and now. But how?

It was like a light bulb appeared on your head and started glowing.

With your free hand, you placed some cursed energy on the ground next to you and with the rest of your strength you hit the ground several times, trying to break the floor. With the last bits of strength the ground started to crack open and after one last hit, you and the curse fell down into the smoke filled hall.

You were aware that this was a suicide plan.

Together the two of you fell down several meters into the grey nothingness. As you expected, the blood on your hand started to react and huge bloody bladders started to form, etching your skin and the fabric on your chest away. A loud cry of pain filled the room and echoed a few times until it was quiet again.

You mumbled a thunder and the small amount of cursed energy caused the glass in your hand to shatter into thousands of pieces. Hitting you and the curse. By now, your entire body and face was covered in blood but your plan worked.

The curse was splattered in your blood and started to rot as it reacted with the smoke. An unbelievable disgusting smell of rotten meat came from it and made you gag a few times. Ironic since it was a plant.

The gagging caused you to cough until your lungs hurt and you spat a few clumps of blood onto the curse. The red warm liquid was dripping out of your nose and onto the monster underneath you. You knew it was bad for you but more than helpful to win this fight. The blood started to bubble and etch itself through the body of the curse. But it reacted in your nose and lungs as well.

This was more than a suicide mission.
This was suicide.

Your nose was burning like fire, your lungs didn't work. The pain was so immense, so all consuming, that your mind started going blank, you lost all your sense of direction and you knew that your body was working on its final breath. But slowly the gripping of the veins around your wrist started to get loose and you could free your in blood covered hand.

Something in your mind and body switched. All you could see were blurred images and black dots, your movements were working on autopilot. Albeit you weren't by all your senses, every single fist you threw, was hitting the curse. Ripping it into pieces. And a distorted scream followed after another.

It says that your body gets an incredible boost before you die, using your last strength and power. This must be it.

Your pumping heart almost jumped out of your mouth and the ringing in your ears caused your teeth to grind against each other. Heavy breathing and the clacking of the metal of your brass knuckles hitting the floor echoed through the school.

Punch after punch, fist after fist, explosion after explosion hit the deadly curse and the burning sensation you felt only encouraged you to keep going.

You placed your cursed energy onto the veins of the plant and let it explode, causing them to rip off the plant. It's body was rotting into a brown, smelly and mushy consistency that was sticking on your hands, cooling down your irritations.

Slowly, the smog around you cleared up and the pain became less and less hurtful. Somehow you lost track of time while ripping the curse into pieces. You had stomped it into brown mush until only the flower head was left and something that you haven't noticed yet in it's mouth.

A rotten red finger.

Gojo had told you about them. And that's when it hit you: you just fought a special curse that contained a finger of Sukuna. Alone! And you survived!

The fog was gone and the school was cleared. The dark curtain you had placed started to dissolve and the entrance hall started to lighten up. The birds were chirping and the sun was shining through the windows, warming your damaged body. It was peaceful.

I did it! I really did it!

You were alive. Well, a bit damaged but there's always some loss. And you even managed to get one of Sukunas fingers. A tear of relief rolled down your more than burned and puffy face. The salt in it left a burning sensation but you ignored it.

„Geeez, you look awful." a well too known voice commented and a wave fresh cold air hit you as he opened the big doors completely.

The clacks of his steps became louder and stopped right in front of you. He squatted down to your level and gently grabbed your chin to make you look at him. „Shit, more than awful."

Your face was covered in red bladders as one of the veins hit it earlier. The fabric of your uniform was burned into your skin and many red marks, open wounds and cuts decorated your body. Your left boob was halfway exposed since the dripping blood from your hand made the clothes dissolve and a huge burn mark was visible. Your hair was messy, your eyes blood flooded and you a red stain of blood was running down your nose.

„You did a good job, Y/N. You can be proud of yourself!" he praised with a soft, soothing voice and picked a strand of loose hair out of your face. „Because apparently, you just fought a special curse that was much stronger than it should be. And apparently, you even managed to get one of Sukunas fingers."

„The reports were bullshit..." you mumbled as you tried to get up but your entire body was paralyzed. With every move, the muscles inside your body felt like dried concrete that started to break in the sun. You were stiff and hard, just like stone. Low breaths left your mouth and you tried to blink the dizziness out of your sight.

„Yeah, don't faint on me!" Gojo scolded and grabbed your damaged face with both of his hands. „Stay with me! You won, Y/N! Fainting is for losers!" His touch hurt and comforted you at the same time. You wanted to take is hands away but also lean into his touch.

Blood clots splattered into Gojos lap as you coughed a few times and his grip tightened.

„...it was toxic, Satoru..."