XLVII

Through the earbud came a techno song, probably some Skrillex that you put in there.
„I want you to fight against me with that."

Its beat was fast. More than 170 beats per minute. But years of dancing helped you sort the ones out you want to hit, pretty quickly.

„No cursed techniques," Gojo said and you watched him take off his jacket, revealing a tight black shirt that clung to his body. „Just raw combat."

Ouch! A sharp pain shot right through the center of your face. You couldn't even react that fast but Gojo had punched you straight into your face, right on the nose.

Shocked, you stumbled back and felt the hot liquid run down your lips. You were bleeding.

And the next attack. You saw his right fist swing towards your face but you quickly turned to the side to dodge him.

„You could have at least let me prepare myself!" you complained and wiped the blood out of your face.

The next attack followed and you stepped to the side, trying to not lose your balance. His raw power was immense. „Your enemy won't let you prepare either!" he said and followed you with a kick.

Ah, he's so annoying! You took a deep breath and tried to focus on the beat while you were dodging his attacks. You knew he wasn't using his full power. If he did you would be down with the first punch he landed.

Beat .... Beat .... Beat...

Quickly you found the rhythm that you want to use and only focused on the music playing through your ears.

5, 6, 7, 8! And with that, your body started to move fitting to the music. With every beat, you tried a different move. Since you trained with many different cursed puppets, your fighting sense had improved massively. You had learned to foreshadow their movements and tried to adapt to Gojo's fighting style as well. Quickly, you were able to not only dodge but attack him.

Successfully? Not really but better than nothing.

He landed another punch that made you fall to the ground. As he came closer you rolled yourself backwards and tried to kick him as you put some distance between the both of you. He had to dodge and you swung your leg over the ground around knee height. At the same time, you used the speed you gained and lifted the other leg around, swinging it to his arm, like a break dance move. Quickly, you were back on your feet and Roundhouse kicked after him.

You knew your strength, even without cursed energy, was in your legs.

Beat ... beat ... beat ...

You punched and kicked wildly around but nothing seemed to work. Gojo dodged effortlessly and didn't even attack you in the first place.

What you needed was a different tactic.

With one step, you changed your entire rhythm and switched to the faster beats of the song. It was exhausting to keep up with them but you did more than your best. The speed of your punches doubled and you tried to hit him from different angles. The newly gained speed made you appear like you hovered over the ground, your feet barely touching the floor as you moved as quickly as possible.

And guess what, Gojo had to actively dodge your attacks. You noticed how he had to move a few steps away from you and how your feet landed against his arm. Loud clapping sounds echoed with every hit that crashed against his body through the wide-open area of the training field. Suddenly, you did a cartwheel-like movement and swung both of your legs into the air. With force, you slammed your heel against his shoulder and Gojo flinched slightly as the pain went through his body.