Prologue

It was 2023 - 3 years after the theatre kids performed High School Musical. Meaning they were in the age range of 19-21. EJ and Gina (Portwell) were still going strong. EJ is studying architecture in his Junior year at Duke. Gina wanted to expand her talent of dance so she went to Julliard School of the Arts, and was now a freshman. EJ wanted to propose soon since they had been together for almost 4 years. With Gina being only 19 though, he decided he'd probably have to wait a while. And he was fine with that, he would wait forever for her. They had already met each other's families and loved them. For Gina's brother, he was shocked when he heard they were a couple, but he supported Gina. Carlos and Seb (Seblos) were still together, and they both went to Southern Utah University, with Carlos studying Theater Arts and Seb studying Art History. They were both in their freshman year.

However, for the other three couples, fate was not on their side. Ricky and Nini (Rini) got back together after High School Musical and stayed extremely close until senior year when they went their separate ways. Ricky was not being a great boyfriend when Nini started gaining fame because of her songwriting, causing them to break up. Nini is studying Music at New York University while Ricky is studying Journalism at the University of California. On opposite sides of the country, trying to forget about each other, and completely avoiding each other. Ricky had a new girlfriend, while Nini was focusing on herself. They are both in their sophomore years in college. Big Red and Ashlyn (Redlyn) suffered the same fate. They broke up in their freshman year of college (they are now sophomores). They weren't strong enough to stick it out and go long distance. They still had a great love for each other, just not romantically. Big Red is living his life to its fullest with now owning his family business because his parents retired. Ashlyn is studying Music at Southern Utah University. They are still texting quite recently, but not as much as when they were dating. Kourtney broke up with Howie since she wanted to be an independent woman. She wanted to focus on herself before she dated someone, so they didn't last long...only like 6 months. She didn't have time for a boy in her life. Kourtney studies Fashion at the London College of Fashion. Howie is a small-time actor hoping to make it to Broadway (specifically Dear Evan Hansen) one day. Both are sophomores in college.

Ashlyn often has lunch with Carlos and Seb since they go to the same university. EJ and Gina FaceTime every night and text each other 'good morning' every morning, and the occasional 'i miss you'  or 'what's up' text throughout the day. Ricky's job is to write articles about celebrities, since he lives in the urban area of Los Angeles, California. He gets to meet them too, he got really lucky and had already met Taylor Swift (he remembered was Nini's favorite celebrity), Harry Styles, and Emma Watson. In her free period, Nini meets up with Gina to hang out since they both live in New York. Big Red occasionally calls Ricky to catch up on how things are going in their life. Kourtney only keeps in touch with Nini, because she's been so invested in her life in London that she doesn't have time to talk to the others (plus the time difference).

-

a/n Hi everyone!! Thanks for reading this very long prologue xD. Hope you enjoyed it! There is going to be a lot of tea in the next chapter so be prepared. >:)