Chapter 22 - The Plan is in Action

*NINI POV*
Finally, Monday was here. Time to OFFICIALLY tell everyone that Matt and I are dating! We're going to post on Instagram and Matt needs to tell his parents and friends. I'm so excited to date him. I-I love him. Maybe not in a friend type of way?

Odd thing is that I totally forgot about Ricky until now. Is that some sort of sign?

"How's that?" my fake boyfriend asked me

"Perfect! Like you!" I responded.

Yes, if we were dating we'd be in the extremely flirty stage so that's kinda what's happening naturally between us. I wish this wasn't for his ex..because it's honestly not for mine anymore.

"Noooo...you're perfect!" He gently tapped my nose and kissed my cheek.

I smiled and said, "Okay, that's enough for now Mattie. I'm going to make my post."

"One more kiss?" he said. Wow, he's a really good actor.

"Mmmkay," I say and give him a quick kiss on the lips not faking anything.

"That is adorable Neen. Let's call my mom first!" Matt says.

"Okay! I'm excited!!"

"You should be! You're meeting my mom!"

He dialed his mom's number for a video call. "Hi mom!"

"Hey, kiddo! How's college?" his mom says. I can really see the resemblance - they're both gorgeous.

"Good, but busy! I actually have some news for you!"

"Oh?"

"I have a girlfriend!" he said with a toothy smile. Cute.

"Oh! Congrats!! Is she there? When can I meet her? Is she the same age as you? When did you meet?" He aims the camera toward me, and I wave.

"Hi Mrs. Sanford! I'm Nini!"

"It's great to meet you Nini, she's pretty!" She tries to say just to Matt.

I smile and Matt says, "I know, Mom." He's amazing.

"Mom, I'll talk to you later?"

"Works for me!"

"Okay, bye mom!!"

"Bye Matt! Bye Nini!!"

"Bye!" I say. "Matthew, that was a highlight of my day."

"Hmm, what about this?" He says as he kisses me on the lips.

"Mm...that too." I laughed. Why did it feel like I was actually dating him? I can't develop feelings for him. There's Ricky.

We talked to his dad and friends and little cousin and sister.  It was great. I really enjoyed it. But I enjoy any time I spend with Matt.

*btw her background is matt you just can't tell lol*

I ignore them all, feeling a little bad. It was Monday and Matt and I didn't have class until 10:00 the next day for theatre arts. I leaned into him, and he smiled. We got a blanket and were about to turn on a movie. He's really good at faking, but I'm not faking. That's when we hear the doorbell ring.

"Aww man...we just got comfy." Matt frowned cutely.

"I know...I'll get it."

"Okay."

I take off the soft blanket and run to the door to see two little kids dressed as Bay-max and Harry Potter. They are adorable!

"Trick or treat!" They say.

"Who is it, babe?"

Shoot, today's Halloween.

"Dang it...Matt it's Halloween." We totally forgot it was Halloween. "Guys, come back in like 20 minutes, we'll have candy then! Sorry!!!" I say to the two kids. They frowned as they left.

"Matt, how did we forget about Halloween?!? I'm disappointed. Go get some candy for the kids," I said.

"Ughh, can't we watch a movie and ignore them?"

"Matthew!" I gently punched him in the arm.

"I'm going, I'm going," he said laughing. He put on his coat and kissed me real quick.

a/n: are they adorable or are they adorable?? also WE ARE AT 1K READS!! THIS IS SO INSANEE!! WE'VE BEEN GAINING READS SO FAST!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!