Chapter 38 - NO!

*MATT POV*
No...this can't be happening. I walk out the room. Angry at the world. Why did this have to happen? Why couldn't I help her?? Why doesn't she remember me? I sit outside her room...my knees in my arms, head in knees. I love nini.

*NINI POV*
I woke up from a long nap, and saw my moms and some random guy. This random guy said that he was my boyfriend and I responded with a, "Uhhh...nooooo. My boyfriend's name is Ricky!"

The guy walked out. That was weird. I wanted Ricky. I wanted my actual boyfriend. Where is he?? Ow...my head hurts.

"Where's Ricky? Can he come? I want him."

"Uh...okay honey. Ricky's here."

*CAROL POV*

"Where's Ricky? Can he come? I want him."

"Uh...okay honey. Ricky's here." I remembered how the doctor said to go along with what she said. But I felt terrible for Matt.

I stuck my head out the door to see Nini's friends and Matt. "Ricky...honey. She wants to see you."

"Me?" Ricky responded, genuinely confused. He looked over to Matt.
I nodded my head as Matt looked up at me sadly. I smiled sadly back at him.

*MATT POV*

You can't imagine what was going through my head:

"Will she ever remember me?"
"Will she ever be the same?"
"What did I do to deserve this?"
"At least she's alive."
"Why is this happening?"
"What does she remember?"

a/n: try not to cry challenge!!
thank you all soooo much for 2k reads, more chapters coming soon!!