Chapter 46 - why

*NINI POV*

I didn't say anything for the rest of the car ride. I was in shock. I knew it was a possibility but...

Matt brought me into my apartment, and stayed for a few minutes to make sure I was okay. I slowly sat down on my sofa. He left after a while of me just sitting there, taking it all in. I can't believe this.

So let me get this straight. If I'm in college, and it's 2023, and I graduated high school in 2021, and I thought that I was a senior this whole time...

Did I forget 2 years of my life then?

I forgot my graduation. I forgot my freshman year of college. What else did I forget? People, memories, relationships?

And Ricky? The freaking jerk. He literally took advantage of me. He tried to get back together with me even though he knew we broke up. Now I know why he was acting so strange. And Matt, was probably never even friends with Ricky. Everything is starting to make sense. The way Ricky said that Matt 'wasn't memorable enough for me'. So I did know him before. I felt sick to my stomach.

And what if I met someone at the hospital who I didn't recognize? What if they were someone who meant so much to me... but I ended up forgetting them?

I started sobbing silently. This is not fair.

Everything just doesn't make sense. I hate it. I hate it so much.

Why did this have to happen to me?