Chapter 24 - Thanksgiving Break

*NINI POV*
THANKSGIVING BREAK!!! YAYY! I was so excited to finally meet Matt's family for the first time in-person. He is adorable when he talks about his family. Especially his little sister. His eyes light up. I've heard so much about her. She's 9 years old. Her name is Charlotte.

Matt and I have been "dating" for about 2 weeks, and I've loved every moment of it. He is literally the best "boyfriend." I still haven't made up with my friends back in Salt Lake. Part of me feels bad, but the other part of me is glad I did what I did. They deserve it.

I practically sprint to Matt's apartment after my last class. He gave me a key, so I let myself in. He was doing an online class right now, and he blew me a kiss. I waved at him, and ate a snack while waiting for him. We were going to see his friends and family this weekend, since he met mine. Plus I didn't feel especially in the mood to see my friends. My moms would just have to do thanksgiving without me this year, they were sad at first, but understood. We drove to New Hampshire, that's where Matt's family lives. We sang the whole way. It was more of a 'fun' 'oh-we're-so-bad-at-singing' type of thing, but dang we sounded good. We finally made it there, and I kissed his head. He smiled as he ran around to the other side of the car to open the car door for me. Adorable.

A little girl came running out after Matt opened my door for me. He was holding my hand, but let go as soon as the girl came up to us he lifted her up. "Char!!"

"Matt!!"

Awww it's his little sister. He held her in his arms when he said, "this is Nini! She's my girlfriend!!"

"Ooooooh, really? Someone wants to date you??"

"Apparently," Matt laughed and put her down.

I bent down to Charlotte's level, "hey Charlotte! Matt has told me a lot about you. You'll have to show me that puzzle collection of yours."

She smiled brightly and nodded. She whispered in my ear, "I always wanted an older sister." I almost cried. I always wanted a little sister.

"Okay girls, you can share secrets later. Let's unpack the car now," Matt laughed.

"I can help!" Charlotte said, trying to spend as much as time as possible with her older brother.

"Okay!" Matt said.

We unpacked the car, Matt and I are staying in the guest room (don't worry he's sleeping on the floor). Matt's grandparents were staying in Matt's old room, so that's why he's in the guest room with me.

We walked into the house. It smelled amazing. Matt introduced me to his mom, dad, and grandparents. I obviously already met Charlotte. "Mom!" Matt said. She ran into him to hug him. "This is Nini!"

"Of course I know who she is! You talk about her all the time."

Matt blushed and said, "mom!"

She said, "what? It's true!"

I laughed and said, "it's great to meet you in person Mrs. Sanford. Your son is amazing."

"It's great to meet you too," she hugged me, and Matt smiled. She whispered in my ear, "you just call me if Matt is acting up, I'll give him a talking to."

I laughed and nodded. Then I met his dad.
"Dad! It's really good to see you." Matt said.

"Hey Matt!" Then he turned to me, "You must be Nini!"

"That's me!"

"Great to meet you."

"You too!"

His grandparents were also amazing to meet.

"Aww you two are so cute!" They said.

Matt and I finally had some alone, even though I loved meeting his family, it's nice to spend some time together.

Only 2 minutes into our "alone time" Charlotte basically dragged me to see her puzzle collection. I blew him a kiss, and went to Charlotte's room.

"Okay...so where are these puzzles?"

"Right here," she says pointing to her wall, where probably a dozen framed finished puzzles showed. "Wow...this is great Charlotte! I'm impressed"

"Thanks," she smiled. "Okayyyy...I guess now you can get back to kissing my brother."

I laughed, "funny." I say.

"You know I'm rightttt" I smiled.

I went back downstairs to our guest room, seeing Matt on his phone. His face lit up when I came in. I closed the door and jumped on the bed, "Your sister..." I laughed. "...she assigned us to kiss."

"Is that right? You know...guess we got to listen to her," Matt smirked.

"If you say so..." and he leaned in and kissed me. I put my hand on his neck, and his hands went around my waist. We let go and smiled at each other. This is fake. It's fake. It's fake. It's FAKE. I had to keep reminding myself.. Why can he fake this so well? Why is he exciting my feelings if we both know...it'll never happen...

"Kids! It's lunch time," Mrs. Sanford yelled down the stairs. We laughed and went upstairs, I grabbed his hand to make it more realistic and pulled him upstairs. We made it upstairs, still hand in hand. His parents smiled at us, and we went to the table.