Chapter 25 - Official Venting Outlet

*MATT POV*
We finished lunch. It was delicious. We went back downstairs and Char said, "wanna play a game with me?"

"Sure, Char. Give me a second. I need to tell Nini something real quick. You could upstairs for a second okay?"

"Okay!"

"What did you want to tell me, Mattie?"

I took a deep breath, and thought it was time for Nini to know, "Char's...adopted."

"Really? Does she know?"

"She does. I just thought you should probably know...in case she says something about it or...that's kinda why I'm so protective of her. It's been a few years since my parents adopted her. She remembers her parents...they died when she was 5...it's really hard for her."

"Oh my gosh." Nini clasped her hand over her mouth. She looked like she was about to cry.

*NINI POV*

"She does. I just thought you should probably know...in case she says something about it or...that's why I'm so protective of her. It's been a few years since my parents adopted her. She remembers her parents...it's really hard for her."

"Oh my gosh," I could tell it was hard for him to talk about it. I hugged him harder than ever.

He sniffed, "it's nice...to talk about it."
"I get it. You are my official venting outlet." That made him laugh and he said as he wiped away his tears, "I'm honored."

I laughed, "go clean up before Charlotte sees you."

"Good idea."

I head upstairs while Matt cleans up his face. I see Char playing with some dolls on her bed in her own world. I watched her for a little bit. She's playing with Barbie and Ken...they're parents. They have a little baby. I realize I'm staring.

"Hey Charlotte!" I say as I come in.

"You know, my friends call me Char..."

"Can I call you Char?"

"Yes!" She says. I laugh, knowing the 'friends call me' line remembering how I used it with Matt.

"So are we going to play a game?"

"YES! I have candy land. It's me and Matt's favorite game to play."

"Sounds great to me!"

She set up the game on the floor of her bedroom as Matt came in, "hey girls. We playing candy land?"

"Yeah!" I said as I kissed him.

"Ew." Charlotte said. We laughed, and sat down.

After 30 minutes of an intense candy land game, Charlotte won. Wow. Impressive. Matt and I faked being disappointed and told her we were going to watch a movie (kinda our go-to thing to do) if she wanted to watch.

"Sure I'll watch a movie! What are we going to watch?"

"What do you wanna watch?" My thoughtful fake boyfriend asked.

"Nini is the guest, what do you want to watch Nini?" Char said and Matt smiled.

"Hmm..maybe a Disney movie?"

"Yes! We should watch Moana!!" Char said.

"I've never seen Moana."

"WHAT?! THEN WE DEFINITELY HAVE TO WATCH IT." Char said as Matt laughed.

"Sounds good," Matt and I said.

We went out to the living room to watch Moana. Char curled up on Matt's lap, and I sat comfortably next to him with his arm around me. He started Moana.

"That was amazing! I can't believe I've never watched it." I said after the movie.

"I know! It's my FAVORITE!" Char said.

"Thanks for showing me Char."

"Of course!"

It was 3:30, and Charlotte's friend was coming over. Matt and I headed downstairs, and just laid there for a while - talking. I convinced him to have a spa night.