Chapter 29 - Regret

*RICKY POV*

I can't even believe myself right now.

What is this feeling I'm having? I'm humiliated, confused, and angry at the same time.

I laid in bed for the majority of the next day. All I did was contemplate my decisions. Ending things with Nini and dating Lily instead.

Ricky, you're an idiot. Why did you date Lily? Because she was pretty? No. Nini is 100x prettier.

My phone rang. Speak of the devil.

It's fine, Ricky. Just talk to her for a minute and make up an excuse that you're busy. Do what you always do with her.

I stood up from my bed and answered her phone call.

"Hey babe!! Listen, I'm really sorry about the whole fake-breakup thing. I thought that doing this may gain us attention but I didn't really think this thro-"

Wait. What did she just say?

"You did that for attention? I thought you didn't want people to think that I'm writing articles about you because we were dating?" I raised my voice within each word that came out of me.

"Baby, don't take this the wrong way-"

"Well, what's the right way?" I can feel my heart racing.

"Babe. We aren't actually broken up! The fans only think that we are. Why are you getting so upset over this?"

I'm really regretting everything right now.

"If you used this fake-break up with me for attention, then who knows what other things you used me for just to get attention?"

"I can't believe you're actually taking this seriously!" I heard her scoff. How annoying. "You are literally overreacting and jumping to conclusions-"

I absolutely cannot and will not stand her anymore.

"ENOUGH, LILY! JUST STOP- STOP THIS, ALL OF THIS!" I yelled.

I heard her gasp. It was very quiet, but it was there.

I took a deep breath before talking again. "Don't call me again. Even if you decide to call me anyway, I'm not going to answer. So don't expect anything from me ever again."

"Babe, wait!-"

I ended the call. Not only that. I ended this. This manipulative, selfish, and toxic relationship. I tucked myself into bed, and before I knew it, I peacefully fell asleep.

A/n: thank goodness, lily didn't deserve ricky 🥺