Chapter 36 - the emergency

*MATT POV*

"So I guess I can't call you Nini anymore?" I say.

"Huh?" She replied, confused.

"You said your friends call you Nini...and I'm hoping we're going to be more than friends?"

"That was smooth. My not-fake-boyfriend is extremely smooth."

I laugh, "my not-fake-girlfriend is extremely adorable."

I walk over to my kitchen counter to make myself a cup of coffee. "Want coffee?"

Nini responds after a moment. "Yeah, I would like that," she said as she smiled at me.

I brewed the coffee, smiling to myself. Oh shoot, I'm smiling like an idiot right now.

We didn't say a word to each other, but that's okay. I was just making a cup of coffee for my "girlfriend", nothing new.

After it was done brewing, I poured the coffee in a light pink mug. I smiled until I turned and saw Nini. Lying on the ground.

"Nini?" I mutter.

No response.

Oh my gosh.

I walk over to her slowly. "Nini...wake up," I said frantically as I tried to wake her.

I was freaking out. My not-so-new found love was literally FAINTED on the ground. I called 911 as soon as I could. I was so worried because I assumed that she hit the ground pretty hard when she fell. I can't believe this. How did I not hear it? All that was making noise was the coffee machine.

"Hello, 911. What's your emergency?"

"Uh..hi. My girlfriend..." I was breathing really hard.

"Sir...calm down. Tell me what happened."

"My girlfriend...she just fainted. Everything was fine and then she got up and fainted. and...she's not waking up," I felt the tears coming but I had to stay strong for Nini, "...Um...my address is 7290 Asher lane. Apartment number 102."

"Okay...an ambulance will be there as soon as possible."

"Thank you...wait, should I do anything for her??"

"Just stay with her."

"Ok."

I was freaking out.

After a frantic 911 call, I just sat by Nini's side. Checking her pulse every once in a while. Taking a deep breath myself once in a while.

"It's going to be okay Neen...it's going to be okay."

Finally, after like 15 minutes an ambulance arrived, and came to my room. They picked her up, and brought her to the ambulance. I grabbed my keys and coat, and I ran after them. I went in the ambulance with nini and a doctor. The doctor started checking her. She told me that Nini had to go on breath support. Oh gosh.

We got to the hospital after what it felt like eternities. They wheeled Nini to a room and I followed, calling her moms.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mrs. Salazar. It's Matt. Nini's in the hospital. She fainted, and they had to put her on breathing support. I'm with her, but it's just me."

"Oh my gosh, we'll be there as soon as possible."

"Thanks."

*DANA POV*

After I heard the news about Nini I called Carol, our family and Nini's friends. They were all really worried like us. We tried to get a plane ticket to New York, but that's hard to do. We ended up just driving. And New York is far away.

a/n: oh my gosh