The Waiting game.

I wake up the next day feeling just as empty as last night.
My back was bruised and cut to bits, I was almost embarrassed that I let myself get hurt like that-
I should've fought back? Right-
My mind kept flashing back to Rafe and his eyes.
They were so angry, almost black looking.

It scared me.
He's been weird since the holiday, I had snuck a few cocktails in one night and Rafe happened to be there.
We were by the beach laughing, drunk off our asses and I kissed him.
We hadn't spoke about it since, I didn't want to, Rafe on the other hand-

I hadn't touched him in that way since then , well except for last night.
I'd cleaned my cuts up and patched them best I could.
Kie wanted me to hang with her at the beach until the weather is good enough to go out looking for the Merchant.
I told her I was busy, I just wanted to stay home.
Kelce was out with Topper at the golf course.

Kelce's parents were still on the boat, they were always on that fucking boat.
They were good people but stuck up and they'd probably ban me from seeing the pouges if they knew-
I put up my hair walking downstairs to get some breakfast.
I was in a tank top and shorts, the cub broads were empty as was the fridge.
For rich people-
Great.

I decide to watch some tv, some stupid reality show with rich people problems.
That's when my phone buzzed.
I look at it to see Rafe's name.
My heart started to pick up.
What the fuck did he want?
I open the message to see a whole paragraph apologising.
'Hey Trent, about what happened, I really need to talk to you and apologise.
I really fucked up, I was high and drunk, the point is, I'm really fucking sorry'

Fucking asshole.
I won't ever forgive him, ever.
I ignore it, blocking him straight away.
That's when the door bell rings, oh my god.
Was it Rafe?
No one's here-
If something happened to me, no one would know it was him.
It kept ringing over and over.

Banging on the door.
I felt like my heart was going to explode.
I get up slowly, waking towards the door, the stair case behind me giving me an out if it was Rafe.
I look through the peek hole, oh.
I sigh in relief ripping the door open.
"Hey-" my brows frown, wasn't expecting to see him here. Alone?
"Hey, I got these, the Rivers ordered them" he held up bags of shopping.

Heyward.
I smile at the thought of food.
Thank god I was starving.
"Yeah- of course come in" I step aside letting him walk through towards the kitchen.
He places the bags on the counter.
"Where's Pope? Isn't this his job?" I unpack the bags putting everything away as I talk.
"Yeah, I'm just helping out, he's at the golf course" JJ coughed awkwardly.

"You need help? This was my last house so" he leans on the counter a little.
"No it's fine" I open up the bottom draw putting the cans on soup in there.
"Thanks though" I huff turning to face him, he was looking around, mesmerised by the big space.
"You like the house? I thought it might've been to Kook for you?-" I laugh a little, as I continue to put stuff away.
"Yeah it is- it's nice though, I only got to see the Hall and your room so I'm just having a look that's all" he shrugged, his hand runs across the work top.

"You want me to give you a tour of all the rooms?" I raise a brow with a humorous smile on my face, he looked like he was at the circus.
A child at a circus watching people flip in the air.
He looked at me with a slight smirk "I've already seen the room I care about" my eyes narrow at him.
"Is that so?" I questioned my arms folded across my chest.

He rolled his shoulders before coming round the island counter, standing next to me.
"You should really keep the fish in the freezer or fridge not just leave it in the bag" he reached behind me, our chests meeting.
He pulled the bag closer, I nod turning to get the fish out the bag.
"Shouldn't you be getting off? Help Pope?" Sure maybe he's finished his houses but what about Pope.

"He's on his last run as well, he'll tell me when he's outside" I push past him putting the fish away.
"How's the-" he pointed to his back, almost like he couldn't word it properly.
"Fine- I shouldn't of got so drunk" I laugh a little, my eyes unsteady.
"What's that?" JJ frowns pointing to my arm, I look down seeing a hand print shaped bruise on my arm.
Shit.
I didn't see that when I got up.
"I got it from falling" I try brush him off but he doesn't buy it.

He lines up his hand on my arm against the bruise.
"That's a hand print- who did this to you!" I wouldn't face him, his voice was loud and annoying.
Why couldn't he just leave it!
"Sarah grabbed me to try stop me falling but I was to heavy" I turn looking him in the face with no expression.
"Your lying- why are you lying?" He shook his head in disbelief.

"I'm not lying, nothing happened, even if it did it's none of your business and not your concern anymore- you know why?" I stand taller, making him step back a little.
"Because like you said- I'm a Kook now, we aren't friends you don't even like me, you tolerate me for the sake of the gold and John" I huff walking away from him.
I grab the plastic bags stuffing them in a draw.

"Fucking Kooks and there pride, why won't you tell me!" He groaned, he was losing the little patience he had.
"Nothing happened! For god sake, what is your problem! For someone who doesn't give a fuck about a stuck up 'Kook' like 'me' you sure as hell act like you do" my body started to heat up from anger.
"Even though your a Kook, I can still tell when your lying, look me in the eyes and tell me that no one did that to you and maybe I'll believe you" he scoffed walking past me towards the front door.

I grab his arm looking at him dead in the face.
"No one did this to me, I got drunk and fell now leave" I said it a little aggressively, I just couldn't tell him.
Not only because I don't like him anymore but if I did then I'd have to explain what happened that led up to that.
Why I was alone with Rafe.
What we were doing-
I just couldn't.
Plus, even though JJ wouldn't because he doesn't like me anymore, I would be scared that if I told him Rafe did this to me that he might go after him.

"Your a real bitch, I don't ever remember you being like this" he shoved his arm away from my grip.
"What? And your not?" I couldn't believe him, he's made bitchy, petty comments the whole time.
That's when Topper opened my door.
I was surprised, really surprised.
"Hey- Topper, what you doing here?" I turn facing towards him, his eyes flicker between me and JJ.

"I just came to see how you are" he looked at JJ with a glare.
Topper was wearing his golf clothes, he must've just got back from golfing.
I thought Kelce would've been with him?
"Why?" I tilt my head in confusion, he's never done this before.
"We're friends? That's what friends do" he chuckled at me and JJ lost it.
"Have fun with your Kook friends princess" he fake smiled at me before storming out the door towards the doc.

Pope would be there soon.
"Really Topper what's going on?" I close the door walking towards the kitchen.
"I wanted to say I'm sorry- the beach, I shouldn't of pushed you, it was shitty I'm sorry" he scratched the back of his head and I just stare at him.
Well this is weird.
"Ok, thank you for apologising I guess" I cough awkwardly.

"You going to the movie thing- next week?" He raised a brow in question.
"I Dunno" I really hadn't thought about it, I've gone every year.
"I am, Sarah's going too um you can join if you do go" he smiled a little before opening my door.
"See ya" he nodded before walking out towards his car.
Strange.

JJ Maybank POV
"Hey Pope!" I called, jumping onto the boat.
He didn't say much, just kinda grunted.
That's when I noticed his face, his smashed up face.
"Bro- who did this to you?" I pull his hat off seeing the damage to his face.
"Topper and Rafe jumped me, they said 'no pouges on their side of the island" he sniffled a bit.
"Hell no- we aren't letting them get away with this!" I shout.
I had the perfect plan.