Welcome home

TW. Mention of SA and R*pe

"We have to take her to the police-" Kie insisted as JJ drove her car slower.
"No- no police. Not yet" I spoke for the first time since being in the car making them all look at me.
"Why? This could get Rafe locked up" Pope shook his shoulders in annoyance.
"Because I stabbed Rafe and I don't know if he's alive" my eyes bored into his, Popes breathing picked up a little.

"Did you just hear what she said?!" He started to freak out as Kie stared at me like I was the stranger.
"Oh my god- we're going to jail" Pope gasped a little as he leaned against the seat.
"Take me home" I tell JJ and his eyes meet mine through the mirror.
"No-" Pope began before JJ told him to shut his mouth.
"Ok- whatever you want" JJ nodded towards me and I offered him a small nod in return.

He started up the car and I realise he's driving to the look side "no- I want to go to John b's just give me one night please" my eyes stared at Kie's as she turned towards me.
"Ok but then we are telling Mrs Rivers" Pope held out his pinky and I take it with mine promising him.
JJ dropped Pope and Kie off by Kie's work, they both wanted food.
Plus I think that they were kinda uncomfortable with my presence, I get it.

How would I be abled to explain that I was kidnapped? They were scared.
I stayed in the back of Kie's car, she said JJ could take it and she'd pick it up later.
He pulled up to the house, it looked the same it did when I was last here.
My finger nails dug into my palms aa I took a deep long breath before releasing the grip and stepping out the car.
JJ got out soon as I did. I walked towards the door not waiting for JJ.

"It's a bit of a mess- I've been living here" JJ scratched the back of his neck, I look at the beer bottles and clothing scattered throughout the house.
"It's fine" my voice was smaller as I sucked on my teeth, god I wasn't ready for this after all.
Suddenly it was a lot easier when I was locked up, worrying if I was going to make it but now- I actually have to speak about what happened before and after I was in there.
Then and now.

I wasn't ready to do that.
"The shower still works though- Kie paid the water bill this month" JJ's voice was a little unsteady as he bent down picking up some of the bottles.
"Thanks" I made my way down the narrow hallway getting to the bathroom door.
Opening it to the bathroom which was fairly clean, I'm guessing JJ wasn't using it to often.
I jump a little when JJ passes by, not expecting it.

"Sorry- here's a towel" he passed me a green towel as I stepped into the bathroom.
His hand reaching to close the door "wait- No can I leave it open?" I blinked a little, I guess the request was a bit strange but instead of questioning it he simply nodded again.
My eyes turned to look in the mirror, god I looked awful.
Really bad.
Blood on my hands, bruises on my wrists, dark circles under my eyes and my pale skin was almost like
Looking at a corpses.

Sighing I put the towel on the sink taking my top off.
The water washed the blood from my body, I watch as it goes down the drain. My chin wobbles a little as I start to whimper.
"Lex? I've cleaned up my room and left some clothes on the bed" I hear JJ's voice from the hallway.
"Thank you" I managed to put on a brave voice as I tried to calm myself.
Getting out I see JJ's top and some shorts he'd left out for me.

I pull the bottoms on and that's when the door opens. "Shit- sorry I thought you were done I should've knocked" his voice stumbles over his words as he speaks faster.
"It's ok- nothing you haven't seen before right?" I swallowed a little, I turn towards the bed. My back towards him.
"Your back- Lexi its" JJ couldn't finish his sentence, my brows frowned and I turn towards the mirror having a look.

A big bruise was on my back and the top of my shoulders. Probably from being thrown about so much.
JJ's hand trailed down my bare stomach that also had a bruise but it was shaped like a hand print instead of a normal bruise.
His eyes squinted as his jaw clenched
"did he-" yet again he couldn't finish what he had to say.
"Rape me? No" I half lie, he touched me but didn't actually sleep with me.
I didn't want anyone knowing what he did to me, how he made me feel.

It wasn't anybody's business.
"Lex you can tell me if he did or if you don't want to tell me that's fine- if you just want to shout at me or simply have me sit with you I'll do it ok" his eyes half blinked as he showed genuine concern.
"I'll be fine J" I forced a laugh as I bite the inside of my cheek.
"Ok- but if you do need me ya know" he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.
I nodded a little "I'll talk to the police tomorrow" I turned away from the blonde as I put my top on.

"You sure? I could always talk to them first if you don't want to?" My jaw clenched has my body stiffened "I'm fine! How many more times can I say I'm fine! Until you realise that I can do this all by myself?! It's all I've ever done so- just" my loud in raged voice died down as I regained my patience. No one ever cared for me like JJ did. I wasn't use to it. Sure when my brother died he asked me the same questions.
"Are you ok?" "You need anything?" "You sure your ok?" But I was 13 then.

I was barely talking. I never had a support system. Or someone to fall back on. Now this has happened and everyone's treating me like so fragile china doll. They did it before and now they're doing it again. I couldn't stand it.
JJ nodded gently as he shoved his hands in his pockets stepping back from me.
"Just let me handle it please. Ok?" My voice was softer this time.
"Yeah of course whatever you want" he bit the bottom on his lip as he went to leave the room.

"J- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be such a bitch I just- I'm not use to someone- I don't know?" I struggle to describe what I was feeling as I started to put up my wet hair.
"Your not use to someone putting you first? Caring about you so deeply that they actually ask how you are and question you on it? Not just ask then shrug off the answer that everyone gives? I know. Trust me I understand. Just don't shut me out ok?" He raised his brows as he spoke.

"Wow the JJ Maybank actually speaking wisely. Jesus how long have I been gone?" I scoffed humorously as I sit on the edge of his bed.
"Too long" he answered honestly as he looked at me through his eyelashes.
"Lex I'm sorry about how things were handled before you disappeared" he exhaled a deep breath as I narrowed my eyes at him.
"Don't be. I wasn't exactly- in the right state of mind. Hey maybe this whole Rafe thing was karma for being such an asshole or maybe my Kook year" I chuckled a little as I looked down at my hand that was fiddling with the bed cover.

"No. Don't ever say that. It wasn't your fault and you didn't deserve that" he blinked faster then usual as he made sure to make his point clear.
"Hmm" I hum in response as I crawled up the bed getting in the covers.
"Stay with me?" I peered over the bed frame at the end at JJ.
Who was still stood by the door, hands in pockets looking out of place.
He nodded making his way over to me.

His body slide in next to mine, instantly making me feel warm.
Safe.
"Can you hold me?" I quietly whispered as his arm wrapped around me.