Bell towers and fires

"Why the hell are we at the police station?" JJ spoke roughly, we all sat in Kie's car.
Pope started to cough violently, he was smoking for the first time.
"Someone has to tell them what happened" John b whispered slightly, we all sat in silence.
"You might end up in the lions den, but you don't go there on purpose. Its fundamental just like my old man always told me, you should never trust the cops no matter what the circumstances" JJ leaned over patting John b on the shoulder.

"Your old man's an abusive liar" Kie scowls at JJ and he goes silent.
"I agree with JJ" Pope hacks, still coughing from the cigarette.
I stayed silent not daring to speak.
"Fuck the police, when have they ever looked out for us" Pope leaned back and I shook my head, he's turning to the dark side now huh.
"Peterkin looked out for me, all right?" John b broke up Popes hate speech making us look at him.

"They need to know" John b cleared his throat before getting out the car.
I looked down at my hands, they were still covered in her blood, Almost stained.
My white shirt was practically red, I still had mud on my knees from falling in the woods.
We wait patiently for John b.
"Kie start the car!" We hear shouts from behind us, we all look out the window seeing John b running towards us along with cops behind him.

Kie started up the car waiting for John b to jump in.
"What did you do?!" Kie screams as she starts to drive, John b holds onto the door as a woman police officer bangs on the window telling us to pull over.
"Open it" Pope told John b, he did as Pope told him opening the door, the woman fell over as the door hit into her.
My hands go up to my face covering it, I wanted the ground to swallow me whole.

"They think I did it" John b gasped licking his lips, he was clearly distressed.

Meanwhile at the Cameron household.

Ward walked into his office seeing Rafe sat down, he held Wards 'best businessmen' award, a photo of Rafe and his Dad.
"Is.. she alive?" Rafe stuttered, his voice barely a whisper.
Ward shook his head gently, staring at the boy.
"Okay" Rafe gasped sitting back, he was freaking out. He'd just killed someone in cold blood. Not just anyone. The sheriff.
"What did you tell the cops? Are they coming here?" Rafe sniffed looking at Ward.

"I told them John b did it" Ward stared into space, his hands gripping his desk.
"Not Lexi though right? Let me deal with her, I can talk to her" Rafe stood up, nodding his head rapidly, his hand pointing to his chest.
"She's Anna's daughter I couldn't put the blame on her Rafe, as far as I'm concerned she wasn't there? Right?" Wards eyes widened at Rafe.
"Yeah she wasn't there" Rafe agreed, he bites the inside of his cheek.

"That's good, blame it on John b" Rafe scratched his neck.
Tears pooling in his eyes.
"Yes that could work" Rafe snapped his fingers together, Ward turned to his son.
"Rafe I need you to go to your room" Ward sighs trying to stay calm.
"Clean up, shower, if anyone asks where you were you were here" Ward tilts his head smacking his lips together.

"Please do what I say" Ward spoke again, his eyes shutting in frustration.
"What about Sarah?" The blonde speaks, finding more plot holes in their story.
"I'll talk to her okay" Ward held his arms out with wide eyes not sure why Rafe was even still here, he was meant to be cleaning up.
"Sarah has a big mouth-" Rafe went on but Ward cut him off abruptly.
"Sarah is fine! Stop it!" Ward shouted in his sons face making Rafe become silent.

"I need to think so go!" He shouted again, Rafe's shoulders slouch slowly, Ward turned his back on Rafe.
"You understand right? Why I did it. You were in trouble and I was protecting you." Rafe's eyes spilled tears as he spoke, Ward sighs slightly.
"It was me! I was protecting you. Not Sarah. Me. Rafe" he sniffed stepping back as Ward came closer to him.

"I'm sorry" Rafe's voice cracked as Ward stroked his cheek.
Rafe had forgotten what his Dads touch felt like.
"I know, come here. Come on" Ward hugged Rafe tightly, Rafe cried into his shoulder before they both stepped back.
"I love you so much ok" Ward pats Rafe one more time before they fully stepped back from each other, Rafe walked out going to clean up.