Bargaining.

"Morning" Pope grumbled, his arm was wrapped around my shoulder as the sun shined through the trees.
"Get up! John b and Sarah already left, we need to melt the gold today!" JJ came bounding out the porch towards us both.
His face dropped slightly when he saw me and Pope in the hammock.
I'm guessing he thought only Pope was out here.

"Alright alright" Pope sat up climbing out, I watch as he walked inside making sure Kie was up.
"Lex about what I said-" JJ looked liked all the colour dropped out of his face.
"Save it for someone who cares" I jump out the hammock pushing past him with force.
I follow where Pope was, Kie was up and dressed.
"So we have to melt the gold today?" I asked, the plan was going faster then expected.

We were gunna do it tomorrow, as most of us had hang overs.
"Yeah Wards taking John b out fishing tomorrow, Sarah tried to get him out of it but no use" Kie shrugged as we all jumped in the van.
"So how are we melting this thing?" I held up a block of gold, it was heavy, heavier then I thought it would be.

"With this" Kie held up a blow torch, I smirk with excitement.
We picked up John b and Sarah on the way, Pope and John were speaking about how they were gunna get back down the well safer and get all the gold up.
Me, Kie and Sarah all sat in the van watching the boys talk.
"Why does JJ keep looking back at us?" Sarah giggled slightly, I shrugged becoming uninterested in the convo now JJ was brought up.

"He's looking at you Lexi" Kie narrowed her eyes at the boy, he turned round acting as if he was just day dreaming.
"He's an Ass, anyway what's this" I hold up some crappy drawing.
"He said that it will look like this, that's 50 feet down and they're using a 100 feet rope. So I guess this little wagon will go straight to the gold room" we all started to laugh, all of us couldn't make head nor tale of the drawing.

"Who drew this?!" Sarah couldn't control her laughter, my cheeks started to hurt from how much I was smiling.
"Who do you think?" Kie looked at the boys, Pope smiled at us all.
"Kie this better work" JJ strolled up to us throwing two pieces of gold into the van.
"We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it" JJ leaned against the van door, his eyes caught mine instantly, they gave me an apologetic look before looking at Kie.

"It's gunna work" she smirked before we all jumped out the Van.
Sarah, then Kie jumped first, JJ strapped me in the van, standing in front of the door.
"Move!" I whisper shouted at the boy, he didn't budge.
"I need to talk to you" he frowned, this boy has more mood swings then me on my period.
I couldn't keep up.
"Well you lost that privilege the second you were an asshole last night" I push his shoulder just barely getting out the Van.

"Guys look it's working!" Sarah pointed at a pot that the gold was in.
I walk over seeing Kie melting it down, we all smile at each other, Sarah sat with John b as they watched the rest of the gold melt.
I turn seeing JJ staring at me, he bites the inside of his cheek before kicking at the dirt.
I wish I never let him kiss me.

As soon as it got melted down into a funny shaped block we let it cool down and then went on our way to the pawn shop.
"How come I've been stuck with pawning this shit?" JJ held it up and we all shrugged.
John b jumped out the Van, as did everyone else.
"Maybe it's a punishment for being such a piece of shit?" I scoff under my breath, I take it he heard me as he shook his head in annoyance.

"Alright let's go then" we all walk in, we leave JJ to do the talking.
I look around the pawn shop, Sarah following me.
"What's with you and JJ?" She side eyes me as we pretended to look at some old shit in the shop.
"I don't know what you mean?" I pick up some jewellery that looked like someone died in.
"He's been looking at you all day and I heard that little comment back there, I thought you worked things out?" She kept pushing for details.