Childhood.

I stir awake, my arm was round Theo's waist, i obviously rolled next to him in the middle of the night-
I gently lift my arm out from under his, I exhale sharply getting up quietly.
My head still hurt but at least I didn't feel like I was gunna throw up.
My eyes were still dizzy and I felt like I hadn't slept at all, even though I knew I'd slept most of the night.

Creeping out the abandoned house, I start to walk towards figure eight.
I open the front door as quietly as I could, trying not to draw attention to myself.
"Where. The. Hell. Have. You. Been!" Anne comes in, her face full of fear. She too looked like she hadn't slept, just like me.
"I- I slept at a friends house" I try get past her but she blocks the stairs.
"No you don't! What friend? Do you know how worried I was?!" Her face sagged as she spoke with pure rage and care.
My heart stung slightly, she cared. She actually cared about me.

I haven't had that from a parent figure for a long time. It made me feel almost uncomfortable.
"His name is Theo. He's new in town. I met him at the beach- I'm sorry I should've told you" I twist the truth a little but it didn't matter that much.
She scoffed "next time tell me! Your grounded" she points at me, she walks upstairs probably going to catch up on sleep.
I sigh walking up the stairs, I push my door open seeing Kelce sitting there.

"Why the hell have you got all this?" He held up folders, everything I found out about Rafe and Ward Cameron, all my research. Photos off the internet. Everything. Even the photos of my bruises, my cuts everything Rafe did to me.
"None of your business" I shut my door before turning back round.

"You seriously need help!" He raised his voice and i wince, the volume hurting my ears.
"Give them back" I try snatch them out his hands. He dodged me holding them higher.
"Like I knew you had a tough time coming to grips with John b being a murderer but now this? Accusing Rafe and Ward of killing Peterkin? Really?" Kelce shook his head and my jaw clenched.
"Give it back" I state coldly, he scoffed running away into the bathroom.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I follow him and my eyes widen as I see him threw the folders into the bath.
"No!" I scream grabbing them out of the icy water, tears streaming down my face. I'd worked so hard on this.
My breathing increased as I try dry them with a towel, I didn't even realise that I was fully crying.
"Your insane-" Kelce stood above me with a stunned expression.

"Get out" I growl under my breath, Kelce ignored me.
"Accusing Rafe of abusing you and now this? You lied about it you told me you did! Your doing this because you think your dead friend is just gunna come back!" Kelce's voice was firm and I stop drying the folders, tears froze in my eyes, I stand up abruptly.
"Get out" my teeth clenched together as my voice grew colder.
Kelce stepped back slightly, his eyes looking a little bit more fearful.

"Your crazy!" Kelce shook his head, that's when I lunge at him, pushing him backwards.
He fell on his ass "get out!" I yelled, I could feel my voice vibrate through my body.
He scrambled on the floor before running away from me, out my room.
I slam the door shut locking it.
My sobs hitched in my throat as my back slides down my door, I slowly look to the side seeing the folders on my bathroom floor.
My face scrunched up as I crawl towards them quickly, I plug in my hair dryer, starting to dry the paper from a distance.

Viciously scrubbing the front with a towel at the same time.
I sigh as I felt them all dry again, some of the writing was smudged but I could still make it out.
John b wasn't dead. Everyone else had lost hope. Not me. I didn't want to go to some shitty memorial, where we drink a beer and light a candle and carve his name into a tree, he was alive and I need to find evidence to show Shroupe that Rafe killed Peterkin, so John b can come home when he wants too.
Him and Sarah.
I wouldn't dare admit that I thought he was alive, people would think I was crazy.