The Crain house.

Few days later:

"So your living with Sarah Cameron now?!" Kie placed down some dishes on the table for us all to snack on.
"Your acting like I choose to live with her- Ward took me in! It's better then being miles away?" John b huffs sitting down.
"Fine whatever- but I'm not working with a kook" Kie went on and on. I could see John b growing increasingly annoyed.

"Especially Sarah Cameron!" That's when John b shook his head.
"Do you see her here? No- so focus please" he rolled out the map, Pope looked at it.
"We need to look for landmarks that haven't changed" I leaned over the table looking at the old crusty map.
"What about battery jasper- we went there when we were kids" Kie looked up at me and I nod.

"Let's go then" JJ sipped his beer walking out of Kie's restaurant.
We follow him until we were all sat in the van.
Pope and Kie were still being a little weird with me, more Pope since Kie was focusing her rage on John b now.
JJ hadn't even looked at me since we kissed.
So fucking strange.
The bruises on my neck had faded just enough, soon I won't have to cover them.

"Ok so we're at battery, right here. So if this parcel nine then it's somewhere northeast of here" Pope looked at the Map and then pointed to his left.
"Ok so somewhere over there" I point to the same area and JJ laughs a little.
"What's your problem?" I tilt my head growing a little agitated at the boy, first he ignores me and then laughs at me?
"That's not Tannyhill, that's a subdivision" JJ raised his eyebrows at me.

"Actually Tannyhill plantation was the entire island" John b backed me up and I raise my eyebrows cleverly mocking him.
"Whatever" JJ jumped down from the big rock he was stood on.
"We're just looking for an old stone wall" Pope pointed to the map and we all look his way.
"Easy enough" I nod walking back to the van.
I push past JJ and he grunts "look why are you being such a bitch" he grumbled, Kie scoffed a little at JJ.

"I'm being a bitch? How about the fact that you haven't even acknowledged my
presence sinc-" I stop myself from saying what I wanted, knowing we have a audience.
"Kooks thinking their entitled" JJ shook his head I shake my head in disbelief.
All those fucking apologises meant nothing.
"Guys stop your making this hard" John b groaned getting in the front.

"More like her!" JJ pointed at me and I let out a laugh.
"Very mature JJ- I love that" I squint my eyes at him before getting in the front of the van.
"Oh really?" He fired back and I just roll my eyes, he never knew when to shut up.
He knew I was being sarcastic but he just loved having the last word.
We all start to drive round the northeast, where Pope pointed, we all start to look for a brick wall.

"Look there- that's a brick wall" Kie pointed and we stop.
My face drops a little as does everyone else's.
"that's the Crain house" JJ sounded less brave then he once did.
"Don't be a pussy" I fake smile at him before walking towards the wall.
I pull myself up jumping over.
Her garden was overgrown. We wouldn't be abled to find anything here.

"Ok then" I heard John b clear his throat before jumping the wall also.
As soon as we we're all in the garden, we start to move forward.
"I heard she was an axe murderer- she killed her husband" Kie giggled a little and I couldn't help but smile.
What a load of bull.
"It's not funny! She buried her husbands head here- I knew Hollis Crain, she told me" JJ snapped at us both.

I look at Kie and she looks back, both of us not taking JJ seriously at all.
"How do you know Hollis Crain?" Popes eyes were wide with fear.
"She was my babysitter, she told me all about it, told me the truth about her mother- and what happened in this house" JJ spoke like he was in sixth grade, telling us a scary story.
Only thing missing was the torch to shine on his face as he told it.

"Oh yeah? Sure- what is that then? What happened in this house?" I look up at him and his jaw clenched.
"So as a kid, she heard all the stories that her mother killed her father- she didn't believe them but then it all came back to her , about that night" JJ looked at the house with a flat expression.
"What night?" John b sounded a little frightened now too.