Your little friend

I jump as I snap out of my nightmare but my phone buzzing, Peterkins bloody body was still in my mind after the same nightmare I get every time I try sleeping, my laptop was dead, I'd obviously forgot to turn it off.
Looking at my phone I see the time is 11am. I'd only had 3 hours sleep.
I couldn't even remember falling asleep, a notepad lay open with writing in it, about Rafe and Ward.
I see a lot of messages from JJ, he was asking if I was ok, he was confused why I just stormed off yesterday.

Rolling my eyes I get up, walking towards the bathroom, opening the mirrored cabinet, picking up the pill bottle, my eyes frown as I shake it and it's empty.
I'd only just got them- I swear there were more?
Biting on my cheek, I pull my phone out my back pocket texting Theo.
I sat on my bed waiting for a response, nothing.
Huffing I get up grabbing a jumper, I knew where he lived I'd just stop by.

I really needed them tonight, I was gunna try talk to Rafe's old gf again but I'd have to be awake for that.
Making my way down the stairs Anne stops me "you look like you've been dug up, aren't you sleeping?" She raised a brow, noticing the dark circles under my eyes.
"I think there's a bee nest or something it keeps buzzing outside my window keeping me up" I lie nodding at the woman, she narrows her eyes at me.
Walking past her she tuts "where are you going? Your grounded remember" Anne turned round folding her arms across her chest.

"Didn't I tell you? I have a job at the club" swallowing the achy feeling in my throat as I turn to look at her she nods gently. "Go. But be back straight after" she warns me, pointing her finger towards my figure.
Nodding i open the door making my way to the cut, the sun shined making my eyes squint. Why's it so fucking sunny all the danm time.
My phone buzzed making me quickly grab it, hoping it was Theo only for it to be JJ.
Grunting in annoyance I decline the call.

Blinking a little I round a corner, seeing the house.
My teeth grind together as I see him walking out his front door, I pick up my waking pace startling him when I grab his shoulder.
"Shit Lexi- you fucking scared me" he chuckled a little, I was unamused. Why didn't he fucking text me back.
"You check your phone?" My voice had no emotion as his fills with confusion, he shakes his head signalling 'no'
"I need more pills, do you have some?" Biting on my tongue as I speak to him.

He shuffled on his feet, he has the same backpack round his shoulder.
"Yeah. You ran out already? I just gave them to you?" His voice had a tint of concern in it and I scoff.
"Do you question all your customers like this or just me?" I look him up and down, he laughs rolling his eyes.
"Just the hot ones" he shrugs, sucking on my teeth, I turn into his house.
He follows me, "they're in my backpack" he couldn't help but chuckle.

"Well you don't give them to someone in daylight do you? Not here anyway" I walk round what would be a front room except it had nothing in it just dust.
"True" he nods unzipping his bag, he pulls out a bag of pills.
"10 are in there" he states handing them over, I give him a 50 and he smirks.
"You always over tip your dealers or just me?" He mocks my words and I narrow my eyes at the boy.
"Just the ones I can never get hold of" rolling my eyes I push past him, stuffing the pills in my pocket.

He quickly followed me out pulling my arm so I could face him. "Wait- I was wondering if we could hang out some time?" He tilted his head as he spoke, I thought about it a little.
The cool breeze hitting my face as we stand in the front garden.
"Just as friends obviously" he corrected himself, almost scared I was gunna say no.
"We aren't gunna be friends" I flutter my lashes at him and he squints his eyes slightly "no?" He questioned, I shake my head running my fingers up his arm.
"Sure I'll hang out with you" I wink playfully before turning away from the boy.

"Lex?" My gaze diverts as I see JJ and Pope walking by, they'd obviously seen me with Theo.
I turn back, Theo was no longer there. He'd obviously ran off.
"Hey" I try fake a smile best I could.
JJ had a surf board in his hands as did Pope, "who was that guy you were talking too?" JJ asks, a hint of jealousy in his tone.
"My friend" I state, he nodded with a fake expression on his face.
"I've been trying to reach you for hours you haven't replied" his tone became more frustrated now.

"Sorry- I was at home on lockdown" I scoff and he tilts his head as he looked at me.
"Lexi I want to apologise for what I said to you back at John b's it was wrong and I'm sorry" Pope finally spoke, my eyes moving from JJ to his left where Pope stood.
"It's fine" I shrug, I couldn't be bothered to say anything different.
"How you been doing anyway? You look tired, you been sleepin?" Pope asks how I've been, I sigh a little.
"Not really" I laugh a little, he sucks in a breath.
"Me either. None of really have" Pope gave me a apologetic smile.

"Are you coming with us tonight? We're having a bonfire at John b's place? Bring your friend if you like?" Pope licked his lips. The hot sun drying our skin out.
"I dunno?" I wince a little kicking at the dirt on the floor, JJ's jaw clenched as he looked off to the side.
"Some of the school is coming. It's like a memorial but this time it's bigger. More beers and smiles it's what John b would want" Pope pouted sadly as the air grew awkwardly stiff between us.
"Maybe? I have to see if I can sneak out? I'm grounded"

"Why?" JJ laughs a little and my body instantly stands taller.
"I slept at Theo's house without telling Anne and she had a freak out so" I nod my head awkwardly, JJ scoffs under his breath nodding.
"Theo's my friend, the one I was talking-" I was about to finish my sentence but JJ interrupted me.
"Yeah we know who he is" JJ rolled his eyes subtly, shaking my head at him I turn to Pope.
"I'll let you know" I offer him a small smile as I turn walking back towards figure eight.