To little to late.

About a week later:

"Alright let's test this out before we do anything" John b dropped the drone into the water.
"Lex jump in will you?" I frowned at JB, he's never called me 'Lex' before, only JJ called me that.
"Yeah sure" I take my top off before stepping onto the edge of the boat.
I jump in, before going under water to find the drone.

3rd person POV

"What the fuck was that about?" JJ spoke up as soon as Lexi went under water.
"I don't know what your on about?" John B tilted his head in confusion.
"Lex? Really?" JJ knew that everyone else knew he was the only one to call her that.
It was like a unspoken rule but a rule none the less.
"Whatever" John b smirked at Pope who looked at him with the same expression before turning to the drone camera.

JJ narrowed his eyes, what the fuck was that about?
They were acting all weird.
"I see you Lexi!" Kie got everyone's attention when she pointed at the corner of the Drone cam.
"She's there-" John smiled brightly, it worked, all they had to do now was find the merchant.
"You see me?" Lexi gasped, climbing up the ladder.
The cuts on her back were still visible, the salt water stung like a bitch.

They were probably going to scar.
The bruise on her arm however was gone which was a relief.
"Yeah we saw you" JJ huffed a little before turning the boat back round as the water changed.
"Alright let's do this then"

20 minutes later:
Lexi PoV.

"300 feet!" Kie shouted as she lowered the drone under water.
John B and Pope were looking at the camera, no sign of the merchant or the gold.
"400 feet!"
I walk up to JJ who was in control of the boat, it had to be at the right coordinates or we wouldn't see shit.
He turned the boat a little as John b shouted at him.

"Look- I'm sorry about how I spoke to you the other day, that isn't who I am and I've never spoken to you like that before, I was just tired and mad at you for caring" he totally blanks me, turning the boat again.
"560!" Kie kept shouting how far down we were.
"I'm use to it, Kooks have been talking down on pouges for centuries" JJ and his dramatic ass speech.
"I was trying to apologise-" I couldn't believe this boy, he was so-
Stubborn and arrogant.

"Well don't- also I don't care, I just wanted to make sure that someone didn't do that to you that's all, it was Curiosity" he shrugged his shoulders, keeping the boat in the right place.
"Fuck you then" I scoff under my breath, turning to look at the camera.
"780!" Kie shouted out quickly, we were close, really close.
"800!!" The cord of the drone nearly ran out, we were in the right spot.

"Right JJ turn to the left a little!" Pope pointed to the left as he spoke.
About 10 minutes later and we find it, the royal merchant.
"Oh my god! It's there!" I jump a little with excitement.
"Holy shit we did it!" Kie was also just as enthusiastic as me.
"It's not there-" John b groaned a lot as we saw inside the ship.

No gold.
We'd found the ship, but not the gold.
Are you fucking serious.
"It's what?!" JJ sounded pissed, Pope sounded kinda annoyed but John he was almost devastated.
"Someone beat us to it" I sigh sitting on the boat seats.
"We're to late" Kie's mouth slid into a flat line as she huffed.
"Shit!" John B screamed out in frustration.

"Come on lets head back" Kie nods at JJ who starts to turn the boat round.
Me and Kie pull the drone up before turning it off and folding it back into its box.
We head back in silence, no one had the energy to speak, they didn't want to.
The day went by slowly, me and Kie went to the beach to surf with JJ/Pope.
John b wasn't up for it

"I can't believe the gold wasn't there" I lay my board down on the sand, sitting on it.
"To good to be true" JJ shook his head doing the same with his board.
"This is so fucked up-" Kie was In a state of disbelief.
"Where's John B?" Pope looked round at all of us.
"He wasn't up for it, plus DBS are looking for him, he told me he's dodging them" I play with my finger nails.