|| 38 ||

CHAPTER - 38
-BUSY STREETS-

•°~°•

A R U S H I

I woke up, stretching my arms. The place beside me was empty which was indicating that huge hulk had already left.

'Why do I need to be this lazy ? God!'I subconsciously scolded me.

After taking a shower, I changed into a floral dress. It was comfortable as the sun was shining brightly, today. The weather was wonderful. I spun and giggled at the flowing edges of my dress.

I went downstairs,"Good morning, Amanda." I greeted Amanda as I noticed her fixing the dining table. "Good morning,I will bring your breakfast."said Amanda, politely. She placed a plate full of food in front of me. It was bread and jam with some sliced fruits. "Thank you, Amanda." I thanked her.

Amanda, this lady was so sweet. She always took care of me as if she was my own mother. Unlike my actual mother. I didn't know if I should feel happy, that I had someone motherly figure to me or I should be upset that someone unknown takes care of me like I am her own child whereas my own mother kinda disowned me.

After I had my dinner, I went into the kitchen holding my dishes. I dropped them in the sink and was washing my hands when I heard whispers,"Look what we have here, the ugly slut."

Warmness crawled my cheeks, I dashed out of the kitchen. I decided to just sit in the living room and pass some time scrolling through social media but unfortunately maids were cleaning it so I had to walk out of the mansion. I then remembered we had a goddamn garden. I ran to them, I gasped watching the butterflies.

I giggled. My phone beeped, popping a notification. It was from my brother. My bhai.

Abhimaan -hey, babygirl !
-How are you doing ?

Arushi - I am doing great lately.

Abhimaan - good.
-How is everything between you and Randhir ? If he is being an asshole just spill it out.

I giggled imagining my brother typing furiously, almost cracking the screen. I shook my head and concentrated back on the screen.

Arushi - No, he is being nice.
-I hope in the future he stays the same or else I am returning back to India.

Abhimaan - He better be the same or else he would be in our basement, no doubt.

Arushi -Calm down, bhai. I trust him, always. :)

Abhimaan -So do I. Okay, I have work to finish. I will talk with you later. Take care, sweetheart. :)

Arushi - Bye,bhai. I love you.

Abhimaan - I love you too, my baby girl.

I wiped the stray drop of tear which left my eyes while chatting. I was missing my brother. I gulped, holding back my sobs. I opened Sourav's account as he hadn't talked with me since my departure day. When I came here, in Canada.

Arushi - Forgot me, idiot ?

I waited but the reply never appeared. I shrugged thinking he must be busy with assignments or college.I then again heard whispers.
"You know, the ugly bitch who married our boss does not look like a good omen."
"I know right, she is such an irresponsible woman. Her husband gets up before her. She did not even prepare tiffin for him."
"I feel bad for him. Even after having a wife, he has to order food daily."

I frowned, listing them.

"Where can I find peace in this house?" I murmured and stood up. I was bored as fuck. I walked to the maid gate, and a guard stopped me,"Madam, sorry, I can not let you go out without Boss' permission." The handsome man in black outfit with an earpiece attached to his ear, blocked my way.

"I-I am j-just going t-to meet th-e n-neighbour." I gulped looking at his scary black sunglasses. "Then I am coming with you." He unlocked the gate. I nodded.

I pressed the bell. "I am here, Arushi." I moved my head towards my right and found Isabella waving at me. Her hands were covered with dirty transparent gloves. I proceed to her direction. I found her with two calves. I gasped,"are they yours ?"

She agreed,"yeah..! Yesterday their mother gave them birth. She is resting in the backyard." I jumped,"those are adorable."

She threw away her gloves and eyed the bodyguard behind me. I turned around and realised that the bodyguard was also looking in her direction. I cleared my throat, gaining their attention. The guard twirled his face in the opposite direction.

Isabella blushed fixing her blonde lock behind her ear. "Arushi, come in. Let's talk." She held my hand, guiding me inside. I sat on the couch. "You can also come in." She asked the guard. "uh..ok." he walked in and sat on the single-seat. She came out holding a tray.

"Here you go." She gave me a cup. I thanked her. "Here..!" She softly said to the guard. "I don't want to." He spoke blankly. I shivered by his voice and so did Isabelle. "I insist." He sighed and took it.

"So how is uncle ?" I asked. She blinked,"he is okay. I am glad, he is recovering nicely." She grinned. "I am going to buy some groceries for home, would you like to accompany me ?" She questioned me,smiling.

"Oh sure..!" I stood up. "Ma'am, I'm sorry,you can't." The guard said firmly. "Why ?" I frowned. "It's the boss' order, first ask him if he allows you then only you can."

"o-ok," I dialled huge hulk.

"Hello," huge hulk's voice came.
"H-Hello..! I wanted to ask you something" I said.
"Yesh, go ahead, Princess." He told me.
"Can I go shopping, please ?" I queried.
"No, you can't. You are new here. Wait till I return then we will go shopping." He stated.
"Please..! I am not alone. I am going with Isabelle."
He paused for some moments then spoke,"alright then. Do you have any guard near you ?"
I hummed in response,"Hmm..!"
"Give him the phone."

"He w-wanna talk to y-ou," I said to the guard and forwarded the phone to him.

~to be continued~

Words : 1034

Published : 19 Mar 2022

•••••

{A/N}

Vote
Don't forget to hit the star please

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha