1. New Copy

Sailor Kate -

Why am I here? I don't like the racing events and I wanna go home and cuddle into my blankets, reading my book I just bought.

"Sailor come meet them!" Vikki screeched and I sighed.

I mean I looked alright but they kept telling me I should dress better.

I moved my hair to my shoulders and tucked it behind my ear

I stepped by my four friends, staring at three guys.

"This is Sailor." Carrie introduced but said it like it didn't matter.

"Why do you talk about her like that?" One asked.

"My apologies I'm Rowan. This is Owen, and Jessie." He said kindly to me as the other two just waved but the bleach blonde boy had his eyes trained on me.

I think he was Jessie? I don't even know anymore I just wanna go home.

"Talk about her like what?" Carrie asked.

"Like she means nothing? Not judging just curious." He chuckled at her defensiveness.

"Can I go?" I asked Stasia and she nodded.

I went to my black Jeep and pulled a book from my middle console and stood against my car reading it.

Elenor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

I liked the quirkiness of Elenor and the humor she uses. If I could be outspoken like her I would.

-

I looked up seeing a man standing in front of me when he took my book.

"A pretty lady like yourself doesn't need to read this shit." He laughed stomping my book onto the dirty ground, breaking it with his big feet before leaning over me and his hands on either side of my head.

"I-uhm can you back up?" I asked, scared as he got closer.

"Why? You're just itching to be touched aren't you?" He cooed and I held by breath but it quickly was released as he was on the floor.

The blonde boy stood between him and I. Hard hits began being delivered and I just watched the assault.

He was done and the man scattered. He looked down and picked up my now ruined book.

"Are you alright?" He asked almost in a whispered tone.

"I- yea." I nodded sort of lost.

"Elenor Oliphant Is Completely Fine." He read the brown stained title.

"Mind typing your address? Not for stalking purposes I swear." He asked and I just nodded.

He handed me his phone and the notes app was opened.

I typed my address and he sighed.

I looked at him, his muscle shirt showing his tattooed body and muscles.

"I'll throw this away, I'm sorry it was ruined." He apologized looking at me intensely with his brown eyes before walking away.

I just looked at the floor. I didn't even say bye to any of the girls I just went home.

-

I took a long shower and wrapped myself in my robe as I called my papa.

"Hi Sweetheart!" He said happily.

"Hi pa. Is dad home too?" I asked.

"I'll put it on speaker." He said and dad yelled.

"Hello my dear!" He chuckled.

"Hi guys. I miss you." I said, pouring myself a glass of orange juice.

"We miss you a lot. How's Cali?" Dad asked.

"Warm. I love the night time." I said.

"Beautiful place." Papa agreed.

"I'll still have to come home during the winter time so I can have the snow." I said.

"Of course, come home anytime. We love and miss you. It's late here so we were just heading to bed." Papa hummed.

"Love you." I hung up and heard a knock at my door.

I opened it and no one was there but a small gift on my welcome mat so I picked it up and brought it in.

I opened it and a folded paper fell but it was a new copy of the book that was destroyed earlier.

I picked up the paper and opened it.

Strange I feel about this but for a girl to get pounced on and lose a book seemed awfully sad so maybe you can finish the story you seemed to enjoy.
- Jessie Cross

I smiled to myself as I put the note in the corner of my counter and softly relaxed the spine to my new copy.

I remembered what page I was stopped so I continued.