37. Epilogue

5 years later-

Jessie Cross -

I woke up to feeling the bed dip intensely.

I heard the creaking of the rocking recliner and I stood, walking to my wife who was nursing our son as my elder son walked in.

"Hey Declan, what's up?" I whispered picking him up.

"I heard mommy and I got her a banana." He pushed it in my face and I chuckled.

"Mama would love the banana, how about you go back to bed and I'll take you to villiage inn for breakfast?" I asked.

"Cam mommy come too?" He asked, his hazel eyes reminding me of the love of my life.

"Yes, go say you love her." I moved and he ran to her.

"Hi momma!" He whisper yelled.

"Hi baby." She tiredly kissed his head.

"Hi baby." He whispered and kissed his little brothers head.

"Bye daddy!" He smiled and ran out, his small feet pattering on the hard wood floor.

"Stand up babygirl." I told her and she did.

I had her sit on my lap as I held the baby to her body and she moved her hands away.

"I'm sorry I keep doing this to you baby. At least we can control it?" I laughed.

"It's okay, I have you." She chuckled.

"Is this our last?" I asked.

"Probably. We'll see how my body heals." She mumbled.

"The banana is by my lap if you wanna grab it." I whispered and she did, eating it.

"Thank you for having our kids. They look so much like you." I kissed her neck.

"Don't do that I smell like baby barf and diapers." She whispered.

"I do too it's not an issue doll." I did it again making her smile.

"Owens coming over with his new boyfriend tomorrow, Rowan with his wife. They need nephew playtime." I told her.

"Okay." She nodded.

She was fresh from the hospital, Declan Dean Cross was a stunner and we have our three week old second baby boy Kai Kaden Cross.

I held the baby to her as she faded between sleep and being awake.

"Oh my love if I could do this for you I would I'm sorry you're so tired all the time." I whispered.

"I'm a mom, being tired sucks but I signed up for it and I wouldn't ever change it. Thank you for helping me and making this easier." She chuckled.

"Of course." I kissed her cheek.

- 5 more years later-

"Declan! Get your ass in this house right now boy!" I yelled and he ran in, a smug look on his face.

He may not be fazed by me but he hated when Sailor was upset with him.

"Illegal driving? Is that what you do now?" Sailor walked down the stairs carrying our 3 year old baby girl on her hip while walking down with Kai.

"Talk to me Dec, what's got you acting out!" She fused but remained gentle.

"Look, I know it's hard being elder but I'll leave these kids with your dad if you'll just tell me what you need. I understand you weren't behind the wheel but whoever was didn't have their license and they were high." She frowned handing me the kids.

She held our 15 year old boy to her body as he was her height.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to scare you ma. I just didn't have anyone else to hang out." He mumbled.

"My ass, I'd rather you be alone than in a damn car with four other idiots." She scolded.

"I won't do it again. Please don't ground me though." He mumbled and she laughed.

"You're punishment is baby sitting these kids tonight so I can sleep and your dad can help uncle Owen with their baby."

"I'll take that anyday. Actually I'll take them now, Kai, Lorelai come on." He took them from me before pausing.

"Sorry dad. I know you guys care and I know I'm being a pain." He winced.

"Be a kid don't leave this world one. Please be careful my boy." I frowned.

"I will. Love you guys, peace out San Diego." He carried the giggling kids to their playroom.

"He's not as bad as you were." Sailor smiled at me.

"Shhhh we don't bring that up until he's an adult." I kissed her and hugged her to my body.

"No kids. No more. Ever." She said.

"I know. We have more than enough." I chuckled.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you more doll."